Help › Forums

freezing jerking

rated by 0 users
Sun, Oct 10 2010 7:56 AM (12 replies)
  • PAGES
  • luckysump
    638 Posts
    Sat, Oct 9 2010 7:49 AM

The way i see it WGT you owe me two balls, lost two balls on the first T of st Andrews because of constant Freezing.   Let me explain.

First T, Jerking Swing meter hit it out of bounds lost ball. Thought to myself $£%&%% and started again. 

First T, Froze finger hit button on mouse due to memory lost ball.  &*%^$£"£$%^.  Went to Forum and wrote this,

I cleared my PC before i started.   WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO,  this is not fair, or is it a cheap way of getting me to buy balls.

I doubt very much if you'll do nowt about it.  just WGT showing its true colours. 

Shame on You.

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Sat, Oct 9 2010 9:31 AM

Yeah Lucky, the game couldn't be more inconsistent.

• BustaSpliff
    417 Posts
    Sat, Oct 9 2010 10:13 AM

I  get froze an  jerkiness on the meter a lot ,and ure right WGT  arnt going too do nothing about it,if people keep  buying equipment too line WGT,s  Pockets.

Where  does the customers rights come into this? dont think it does,,does it?

• Tigerwids
    238 Posts
    Sat, Oct 9 2010 11:19 AM

i think wgt make the most of  their revenue from the sale of ball why don`t we just boycott buing balls

• SGTBilko
    1,686 Posts
    Sat, Oct 9 2010 2:00 PM

funny, I have not been here very long but I keep reading about what browser to use and not use. I took this to heart and I am playing on a Dell Insprion Laptop and I have no problems or meter jerking. I guess if you use Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, or Chrome Iron and clear your flash cache it works well like it does for me!

• johnkilpatrick
    1 Posts
    Sat, Oct 9 2010 3:10 PM

I agree, the worst for me is the putter meter.  This game has the potential to be really good for not being on a mainstream gaming system.  There are definitely a few bugs they need to iron out though.  There needs to be more opportunities to get credits and upgrade equipment like making achievements in the game or something.  You could still offer the high end items for paying customers, I understand you have to make money, but at least make it competitive for the casual player too.

• borntobesting
    9,628 Posts
    Sat, Oct 9 2010 4:12 PM

SGTBilko:

funny, I have not been here very long but I keep reading about what browser to use and not use. I took this to heart and I am playing on a Dell Insprion Laptop and I have no problems or meter jerking. I guess if you use Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, or Chrome Iron and clear your flash cache it works well like it does for me!

Me too. What most people who have severe meter issues don't seem to realize or refuse to accept is that at least 90% of meter problems is directly caused by something in their own pc. From a severely fragmented hard drive where flash player and their browser is installed to unnecessary programs running in the background to a video card that has a frame rate that is too slow to render the meter smoothly to outdated video drivers. Basically anything that affects frame rate of your video card slowing it down will cause major meter freeze and jerk. As was my case when I did have severe meter problems. My problem was a video card that was physically failing. For 3 days I had what the OP was describing. On the 4th day my pc would not boot up and I had some strange garbled images on the startup screen. I unhooked my monitor from my nvidaia card and plugged it into the integrated video card and booted my pc back up. I then played a round or 2 with no meter issues at all. The only time I have meter issues now is when my virus program starts it's weekly scan.

If possible create a dual boot system with a clean boot having only the most essential programs installed just necessary to play WGT on. You will be pleasantly surprised.

• crgade
    490 Posts
    Sat, Oct 9 2010 5:34 PM

normally surf the net while playing very few jerks but am always ready to not hit the shot have over 80%fir and gir

• iMaLdyy
    2 Posts
    Sat, Oct 9 2010 5:43 PM

well i know its jerks a lil but live with it its a free game. wat i do is if it freezes in my swing i dont hit mouse and lett it swing throuht the bal and then start it over and it usually goes smooth

• oneputtdavid
    1,337 Posts
    Sat, Oct 9 2010 6:31 PM

I guess if you use Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, or Chrome Iron and clear your flash cache it works well like it does for me!

I will have to agree with the Sarge. Switched to Google chrome last week for my game engine and have noticed about an 80% "decrease" with meter problems. Wishing for 100%, but as the old saying goes, "wish in one hand and crap in the other, see what you get first" lol

Just bought a Cool pad w/fans for my laptop, jury still out on that one. Although the "burns" on my legs are starting to heal. LOL  Cost about $45.00. That's ok for me, I'm going to deduct all my WGT expenses on my 2010 income taxes. (form AD1235-10) form for addictions. lol

• PAGES
RSS