Forums

Help › Forums

I'm speechless...and saddened

Wed, Aug 6 2014 4:07 PM (23 replies)
  • fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Wed, Aug 6 2014 9:55 AM

I just find it funny and a double standard, that Watson, Zoeller, and others played at varying stages of intoxication their entire career and the good ole boys that represent these governing bodies not only knew it, they encouraged it by drinking with them...

a good friend of mine son played on the Nike tour for 2 years, he said the standard on that tour was "golfers never cheat as long as somebody is looking"...lol...after drinking and partying late everybody needs a little more than coffee for a 7am tee time...

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Wed, Aug 6 2014 11:50 AM

fatdan:
    and the good ole boys that represent these governing bodies not only knew it, they encouraged it by drinking with them...

Sign of the times?...Not sport but when I started work in the early 80s in business very liquid lunches and also excess evening drinking (all on expense account) was the norm.  Now it's frowned on, but profits were made then.  

• borntobesting
    9,628 Posts
    Wed, Aug 6 2014 12:45 PM

Jimbog1964:

Think I saw Butch Harmon say he needs to learn when to party and when to work.  

Whatever the whole of the exact issues are I hope he gets his chit together, and gets back playing.  

Harmon says that about lots of players. 

• 2DAMFLASHY
    1,141 Posts
    Wed, Aug 6 2014 4:07 PM

hmmmm..

tiger sure seams to have recover'd quickly .... or isn't feel'n much pain now...

hmmmm..

RSS