Forums

Help › Forums

Vahalla, when is released for stroke?

Wed, Jul 30 2014 4:14 PM (19 replies)
  • PAGES
  • DAZZA501
    5,972 Posts
    Tue, Jul 29 2014 12:16 PM

I think the PGA Championship needs as much publicity as it can get so why wouldn't they want to put their courses here? Out of the 4 majors it's the 4th best and the 4th most talked about and always will be. PGA Championship courses and another major here on wgt would certainly raise the profile of it. I hope & believe that 1 day it will happen. I cannot speculate when though.

I think it's great work from Wgt to get another partnership where we may get more courses and top level tournaments. I don't know why they don't try and get many more so we can replicate famous tournaments here in the virtual format. After all, it doesn't have to just be the Majors does it? 

• jsweetcr
    1,209 Posts
    Tue, Jul 29 2014 1:34 PM

No Al I have no proof nor did I claim it was a proven or guaranteed claim.

jsweetcr:

I think it is assumed that because of this new one we will be getting the PGA championship course as well.

The belief being they didn't have enough time to do a full course rollout before they announced the partnership so they hammered out a CTTH for now

So yes all it is now is just assumptions, which mean nothing here. Was only trying to explain to Damien how the Valhalla full course question came up.

I agree with Dazza tho, I think it is a good job creating another partnership and if full courses arise from it then that would be wonderful.

• ApexPC
    3,164 Posts
    Tue, Jul 29 2014 1:38 PM

In 2015 Easter is Sunday, April 5 - 9 months and some days from now.

But ! ! !

WGT also has to do Chambers Bay (2015 US Open venue) so it can go active about May 15th, 2015.

• alosso
    21,040 Posts
    Tue, Jul 29 2014 1:43 PM

Add Pebble and Bandon which are to come - not much room for another full stroke course in 2015.

• ApexPC
    3,164 Posts
    Tue, Jul 29 2014 7:13 PM

Bandon Dunes should be in the final stages of being completed.

WGT got somewhat of a head start on Pebble Beach by already having 2 versions of CTTH.

I expect both this year, with Chambers Bay and Valhalla in 2015.

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Tue, Jul 29 2014 7:31 PM

ApexPC:

Bandon Dunes should be in the final stages of being completed.

WGT got somewhat of a head start on Pebble Beach by already having 2 versions of CTTH.

I expect both this year, with Chambers Bay and Valhalla in 2015.

It makes more sense to me to expect Chambers Bay and Whistling Straits in 2015 since the PGA championship is at Whistling Straits.

• alosso
    21,040 Posts
    Tue, Jul 29 2014 11:48 PM

Speculations and dreams...

ApexPC:
    18 holes CTTH have been created for the 2010 US Open as a "guest" game of favourite shots (with vids). An inofficial link has been published here.

• zagraniczniak
    1,984 Posts
    Wed, Jul 30 2014 1:13 AM

alosso:
    18 holes CTTH have been created for the 2010 US Open as a "guest" game of favourite shots (with vids). An inofficial link has been published here.

So far as I recall, the 18 shots used in the Pebble Beach 2010 USGA guest game are the same as the shots incorporated into the CTTH game we now have on WGT.

• alosso
    21,040 Posts
    Wed, Jul 30 2014 1:29 AM

+1

Thanks für this relevant addendum!

• chris2345
    528 Posts
    Wed, Jul 30 2014 4:14 PM

Is this really going to be  released  as 18 hole stoke play course.  I seem to remember it said that there was going to to be some CTTH holes only released?....

Maybe they meant CTTH only as a start, and then full course...not sure?

• PAGES
RSS