Forums

Help › Forums

Vahalla, when is released for stroke?

Wed, Jul 30 2014 4:14 PM (19 replies)
  • PAGES
  • LOLserver
    3,522 Posts
    Tue, Jul 29 2014 6:22 AM

Thank you very much WGT for the Vahalla Country Club :-)

Any information about a release day for stroke game?

Eric

• zagraniczniak
    1,984 Posts
    Tue, Jul 29 2014 7:08 AM

Wow, that is a lovely thought. Valhalla is quickly becoming my favorite CTTH destination, but that is probably the best they could put out in what seemed to be pretty short order.

The even bigger hope is that WGT will continue a tie-in with the PGA Championship and roll out stroke play versions of new venues each year as they do with the USGA and did (twice only!) for the British Open.

The PGA venues overlap a bit with the USGA but tend to be newer, showier, not so subtly classic as, say, Merion or Pinehurst. But the PGA sites could be more spectacular in an online gaming format!

Bring us PGA Championship courses in stroke play!

• IRISHPUNK
    4,019 Posts
    Tue, Jul 29 2014 7:28 AM

Were there any clues that Valhalla was coming to WGT?  I was away for a while and it took me by surprise.

• tigerfan1506
    3,193 Posts
    Tue, Jul 29 2014 8:07 AM

IRISHPUNK:

Was there any clues that Valhalla was coming to WGT?  I was away for a while and it took me by surprise.

A few weeks ago Shoe put up a couple images of Icon playing there.

Hopefully it will be a full on stroke play course. I played a tournament there in high school, was amazing.

Doubt it will be on soon though if at all, they still need to put up Bandon Dunes and were shooting pics at Pebble not long ago. Exciting to think about though.

• jsweetcr
    1,209 Posts
    Tue, Jul 29 2014 8:09 AM

D, in the last update the added the Valhalla CTTH and announced a new partnership with the PGA of America.

Seeing as we get the US Open course as a result of the partnership with the USGA, I think it is assumed that because of this new one we will be getting the PGA championship course as well.

The belief being they didn't have enough time to do a full course rollout before they announced the partnership so they hammered out a CTTH for now

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Tue, Jul 29 2014 9:25 AM

Any proof for such prospects, JS, or is it only (unreasoned) hope & belief?

I only believe in what I see: A PGATour contract with the CTTH of this year's course. Next thing I'd remotely think of in private is the CTTH of next year's location. In about 12 months.

• IRISHPUNK
    4,019 Posts
    Tue, Jul 29 2014 9:42 AM

Thanks guys.  The course looks great too.  Good job, WGT.

• AGArgent
    343 Posts
    Tue, Jul 29 2014 11:17 AM

Sorry, alosso, hope and belief are never unreasoned....one hopes and believes out of a personal reasoning...correct or not.....a better word for it might be speculation....it's just that an announced agreement with the PGA seems like a pretty big deal and makes it  just that much easier to speculate of rosier times to come.....like the possibility that a Valhalla CTTH was indeed ramrodded through to be presented to us before the Championship but were enough shots taken while they were there to eventually mount a full round situation?....you're maybe right - probably not but......etc etc etc....and oh my gawd,  the thought of a full-on 18 for us at Whistling Straits next year??!!?....causes a sort of virtual salivation....anyway, whatever...we're all just spitballin', ain't we.....it's natural....I mean, we got to...WGT will never say.

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Tue, Jul 29 2014 11:22 AM
    The rumour that I heard was for around Easter.
  • alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Tue, Jul 29 2014 11:32 AM

AGArgent:
    Sorry, alosso, hope and belief are never unreasoned....one hopes and believes out of a personal reasoning...correct or not.....a better word for it might be speculation.
    Speculation is the best word, but I'm not too much into this. A German proverb suggests to avoid "unlaid eggs" (English: Don't cross your bridges before you come to them), and 33 months experience here have made me believe to Dante: "Abandon all hope..."

Concerning course development: There are quite a few CTTH courses which will probably never become full 18 holes, so, hope aside, why should this happen to Valhalla?

@Courteney: Which year?

• PAGES
RSS