Forums

Help › Forums

Shrinking Meter Backswing Ding-Bars Broken?

rated by 0 users
Tue, Jul 29 2014 1:02 PM (31 replies)
  • PugsAce
    1,825 Posts
    Fri, Jul 25 2014 5:39 PM

ScottHope:

[ click image for full size gif ]

Great example, Scott. My putter's the only club that gives me any notable motion on my forgiveness bars.

I notice, however, that in your image, your back-swing with the 5 iron is only at about 50% power. Mine has only about a quarter of that movement at 50% power, and only a smidge at 95%. 

"Why does it matter?" was asked. 

Mainly because it is a change from the norm... and only seeing a slight "jerk" of the bars (instead of a smooth decline) has me wondering if it's a problem with my setup or Flash itself.

I'm going to go back and try the cache dump again... who knows... something might have got stuck in there.

Thanks again for the replies.

edit: Nope... no changes after the second flash dump (done as per your video, Scott).

Guess I'll just have to live with the "glitch"        :/

• ScottHope
    10,106 Posts
    Fri, Jul 25 2014 11:53 PM

PugsAce:
    Great example, Scott. My putter's the only club that gives me any notable motion on my forgiveness bars.
    Thanks PugsAce, I find pictures help to explain stuff.
    PugsAce:
    I notice, however, that in your image, your back-swing with the 5 iron is only at about 50% power. Mine has only about a quarter of that movement at 50% power, and only a smidge at 95%.
    Mine only moves a smidge at 95% too so that seems okay.
    PugsAce:
    no changes after the second flash dump (done as per your video, Scott).
    Have you tried a different browser just as an experiment?

• PugsAce
    1,825 Posts
    Sat, Jul 26 2014 2:44 PM

I shoulda said "flicker".... not smidge...  lol... a smidge is too much...

IE, Chrome, Iron, and CD all show the same lack of forgiveness bar movement.

• ScottHope
    10,106 Posts
    Sat, Jul 26 2014 2:56 PM

I'm running flash version 14.0.0.125,  what's yours?

Do you know how to take and post screenshots?

• PugsAce
    1,825 Posts
    Tue, Jul 29 2014 4:27 AM

Current version... may have just updated last night (?)

Sorry bout the delays getting back to you, Scott... work schedule is a bit topsy-turvy...

Methinks this'll be one of those "annoyances" that'll remain for lack of resolution.  :/

• ScottHope
    10,106 Posts
    Tue, Jul 29 2014 5:13 AM

No worries about the delay Pugs. Our flash versions seem quite close so I will guess that that isn't the cause (might be a daft reason for supposing that but I'm going with it anyway, lol).

The reason I asked if you can post pictures, which you obviously can, was to see what the start and end positions of your forgiveness bars is, when they're at their widest and narrowest points.

I've done it here for my putter and my 5 iron and I thought if you could do something similar then it might be a good comparison.

The top two images are for my putter and the bottom two for the 5 iron.

• PugsAce
    1,825 Posts
    Tue, Jul 29 2014 9:27 AM

Interesting... I'll give it some thought, and will give it a try.

Are those with any particular "backswing power"? i.e. 1/4 full, 1/2 full... ?

Just wondering what I should use for comparison's sake.

• ronnie303
    3 Posts
    Tue, Jul 29 2014 9:32 AM

What is really bothering me is when you are ready to swing and the meter works great for a shot then it speeds up on other shots. And I do the same thing each time. I'm wondering is this part of the programming especially when playing a tournament... 

• ScottHope
    10,106 Posts
    Tue, Jul 29 2014 9:48 AM

No, I didn't use any power at all. Just move the cursor until it changes to the swing cursor...

...then click the mouse button to change the swing cursor to yellow....

...but don't drag like you normally would to select any power, just click and hold.

Our irons are the same so using your 5 iron would give a valid comparison.

• PugsAce
    1,825 Posts
    Tue, Jul 29 2014 12:21 PM

ScottHope:
    Our irons are the same so using your 5 iron would give a valid comparison.

I think the problem lies in the backswing. 

Because my forgiveness bars "shrink" as the backswing increases, there is very little movement after the 3 seconds or so, when there should be additional movement of them towards the center.

Here's my bars "pre- and post-shrink" without any backswing.  

RSS