Forums

Help › Forums

Shrinking Meter Backswing Ding-Bars Broken?

rated by 0 users
Tue, Jul 29 2014 1:02 PM (31 replies)
  • PugsAce
    1,825 Posts
    Mon, Jul 21 2014 6:48 PM

ScottHope:
    The lines will stop, if the shot is held long enough, at a point which is at the same position as when maximum power is applied.

After some experimentation, I tried to accomplish what you've described above.

In order for this to work for me, I can use no more than 1/2 of the club's rated power. By this I mean that if my backswing arrow is at 50% of the meter, I get some movement of the forgiveness bars... all the way to where they'd be starting out if I was at 100% power.

In fact, the bars move proportionally (as they should), but at a greatly reduced amount.

For instance, at 75% of the backswing, they'll move more (about 5 pixels) than at 90% of the backswing (where there's only about 1-2 pixel movement), but nowhere near the distance that they should be moving.

• ScottHope
    10,106 Posts
    Tue, Jul 22 2014 12:48 AM

pdb1:
    Arent those lines referred to as the forgiveness lines ? Their width should depend on the forgiveness of ones equipment . I thought .
    I would think they are the forgiveness lines, yes. I also agree that they should narrow as you apply more power to the shot, I don't play golf IRL but I would think that the harder you hit a shot, the less likely you are to hit the sweet spot on the club face and I guess WGT has tried to emulate this by making the lines narrow as you apply more power.

PugsAce, I know it's a well worn cliche, but have you cleared out your flash cache recently? CLICK.

• PugsAce
    1,825 Posts
    Tue, Jul 22 2014 7:00 AM

Yepperz, Scott... was one of the first things I did... I do it after all the 'game updates' and some of the 'site downtimes' ...

...but never did it that way.

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Tue, Jul 22 2014 7:33 AM

Genuine question, why does it matter?

• alosso
    21,040 Posts
    Tue, Jul 22 2014 10:45 AM

All these movement are Flash functions AFAIK, and some irregular storing may hide in the cache - dump it to start over freshly.

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Tue, Jul 22 2014 12:42 PM

PugsAce:

hpurey:
    Still doing it for me.   Weird

Haze, you're still getting the 'jerk', or still getting the regular decreasing bars?

Oops,  I should have been a bit more specific lol.

Meant that it was still working like normal,  "getting the regular decreasing bars".

• ScottHope
    10,106 Posts
    Tue, Jul 22 2014 2:01 PM

Perhaps I should've read your original post more carefully PugsAce, but as far as I know the putter forgiveness bars have always moved much more than all my other clubs. Maybe thats the way it's meant to be.

[ click image for full size gif ]

• ScottHope
    10,106 Posts
    Tue, Jul 22 2014 2:41 PM

They jerk in the recording only. My PC is 8 years old and has only a single core processor, so running the game and a screen recorder together taxes it a bit.  (I speeded up the clip too so viewers wouldn't fall asleep before the end ).  : )

RSS