Help › Forums

Chrome Iron Question

rated by 0 users
Wed, Oct 6 2010 7:10 AM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • BigRedNewfie
    205 Posts
    Mon, Oct 4 2010 4:05 PM

I installed Iron but the login pane to the left doesn't load. I can't log in. Any thoughts?

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Oct 5 2010 10:11 AM

Make sure cookies and popups are allowed. Click the wrench in the upper right corner, go to Options/Under the Hood/Content Settings. You will see the choices there.

• BigRedNewfie
    205 Posts
    Tue, Oct 5 2010 11:22 AM

thanks Jim, i'll give it a try.

• VanHalenLover
    1,422 Posts
    Tue, Oct 5 2010 11:31 AM

BigRed,

I just installed it, and everything in WGT worked for me right out of the box, with no changes needed. Have you had any luck with the game running in any other browsers, or is this your first try at it? 

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Tue, Oct 5 2010 12:43 PM

VanHalenLover:

BigRed,

I just installed it, and everything in WGT worked for me right out of the box, with no changes needed. Have you had any luck with the game running in any other browsers, or is this your first try at it? 

One quick look at his profile showed he's a Tour Master so I think so.

• BigRedNewfie
    205 Posts
    Tue, Oct 5 2010 7:57 PM

I'm still having trouble guys. I've installed it twice with the same result and I've allowed all the settings I could find. Below is all I get as a login page. I play using iexplorer with poor performance and wanted to try Iron as suggested by others. Thanks again for any help.

• VanHalenLover
    1,422 Posts
    Tue, Oct 5 2010 10:54 PM

I'll step aside and let your expertise guide him andyson, my bad.

Any idea why the browser change, at all?

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Oct 6 2010 5:16 AM

BR-Those are Flash components that aren't working. It looks like a Flash issue so for starters I would go here.

If that doesn't get you back up and running go to this article written by WGTNiv. It explains how to handle Flash uninstalls and updates.

The Iron browser comes with an earlier version of Flash so I'm not sure why you're having this issue as long as you've allowed cookies and popups. GL

• BigRedNewfie
    205 Posts
    Wed, Oct 6 2010 5:52 AM

Thanks guys, I think I'll just have to stick with iexplorer for now. I'm just trying different things to smooth out the jittery play we all seem to be facing.

• garyk49
    2,313 Posts
    Wed, Oct 6 2010 6:28 AM

BigRedNewfie:

Thanks guys, I think I'll just have to stick with iexplorer for now. I'm just trying different things to smooth out the jittery play we all seem to be facing.

If nothing else, at least download and install Firefox.  I think you will find it will run much better then IE.

I just downloaded and installed Iron on this XP machine.  Really don't understand why so many people are having the problems getting this up and running.

Within the last couple of days, have downloaded and installed this browser on both win7 and winxp pro.  Have added no plugins or anything.  Never asked me to download flash, as others seem to have this problem.  Allowed me to log in to WGT the first time I visited.  Allowed me to go right into the client screen, select, and play the games.

Does need some tweaking within tools and options to be able to navigate pages, but this appears to be the way Iron works right out of the box.

Some are wandering away from the regular Google Chrome due to the fact, it now auto updates flash by itself.  Some of the computers out there, when flash gets updated to 10.1 and above, they flat won't work on WGT anymore.  Thus the Iron version, as it picks up your version of already installed flash.  This XP is running 10,0,45,2.  My win7 is running 10,0,42,34.  Maybe this is where the root of the problem is

Beginning to think, those that are having problem, were having problems before downloading this browser.  It is not a cure all to fix things that were already broken, if it was broke, it is gonna stay broke.

Gary

• PAGES
RSS