Forums

Help › Forums

Scott's tips

Fri, Apr 12 2024 12:26 PM (748 replies)
  • Yiannis1970
    3,270 Posts
    Tue, Jul 13 2021 10:11 AM

SimonTheBeetle:

Yiannis, might be better off waiting a bit longer since the price of graphic cards will likely chute drop with the decadence of Bitcoin?

I will keep my 570 for now Simon. Either way, GPU is a component that i can sub in the future as well.

PS

They are f**** crazy with these prices. Yes, have read about and expecting a drop in prices.

• ScottHope
    10,094 Posts
    Tue, Jul 13 2021 10:23 AM

SimonTheBeetle:
    😟 Unfortunately so... Now the trends are like they're integrating the interfaces of both mobile & PC devices.

I don't really mind what it looks like, as long as I can find what I want and use it, and if different devices have similar interfaces, doesn't that make life easier?

Yiannis1970:
    M.2 for the OS and classic 3,5'' 4TB for storage.

Is that M.2 an SSD or NVMe?

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,504 Posts
    Tue, Jul 13 2021 10:33 AM

Yiannis1970:
    I will keep my 570 for now Simon. Either way, GPU is a component that i can sub in the future as well.

I see. It's true.

Yiannis1970:
    They are f**** crazy with these prices. Yes, have read about and expecting a drop in prices.

You know who you gotta say thanks to for this along with COVID-19, right? Pffft... I'll stop here before I get moderated again.

ScottHope:
    I don't really mind what it looks like, as long as I can find what I want and use it, and if different devices have similar interfaces, doesn't that make life easier?

Absolutely, Scott. I wouldn't mind if the interface of mobile devices looked like the PC's, but we're heading to the opposite direction I'm afraid...

I switch everything in my mobile devices to desktop mode whenever I can.

⇊ LOL ⇊

• ScottHope
    10,094 Posts
    Tue, Jul 13 2021 10:43 AM

SimonTheBeetle:
    Absolutely, Scott. I wouldn't mind if the interface of mobile devices looked like the PC's, but we're heading to the opposite direction I'm afraid...

Oh... in that case I'll just turn my monitor round so it's tall and thin like my phone, instead of short and fat, lol.

• Yiannis1970
    3,270 Posts
    Tue, Jul 13 2021 12:04 PM

ScottHope:

SimonTheBeetle:
    😟 Unfortunately so... Now the trends are like they're integrating the interfaces of both mobile & PC devices.

Yiannis1970:
    M.2 for the OS and classic 3,5'' 4TB for storage.

Is that M.2 an SSD or NVMe?

• Yiannis1970
    3,270 Posts
    Tue, Jul 13 2021 12:06 PM

ScottHope:

SimonTheBeetle:

Oh... in that case I'll just turn my monitor round so it's tall and thin like my phone, instead of short and fat, lol.

lmao

• ScottHope
    10,094 Posts
    Tue, Jul 13 2021 12:57 PM

Yiannis1970:

NVMe, sweet. With that in it, it'll be booted up before you take your finger off the power button.  ; )

• garyk49
    2,313 Posts
    Wed, Jul 14 2021 6:35 AM

ScottHope:

Yiannis1970:

NVMe, sweet. With that in it, it'll be booted up before you take your finger off the power button.  ; )

Not quite Scott, but they do boot pretty fast.

• ScottHope
    10,094 Posts
    Wed, Jul 14 2021 6:46 AM

No, of course not Gary. I have one (Western Digital but slower than the Samsung) and my login screen appears before the Microsoft spinner thing has done one revolution. 

• garyk49
    2,313 Posts
    Wed, Jul 14 2021 10:25 AM

Just timed mine 9.5 seconds from switch on to usable computer, mine goes to windows picture page.  Also running a 500G WD nvme has win10 on it,  1T WD SSD for files and a 2T WD Black as backup drive, this drive I already had.  This machine was built for gaming and was probably overkill,  I already had some of these parts.

MSI Z390 gaming plus MB(new)

Intel I5-8400 CPU(new)(water cooled(had))

GTX1060 w/6GB ram(had)

2x8GB ram DDR4(new)

Corsair TX-850 PSU(had)

ATX tall tower case(had)

RSS