Forums

Help › Forums

Scott's tips

Fri, Apr 12 2024 12:26 PM (748 replies)
  • ScottHope
    10,094 Posts
    Tue, Oct 27 2020 3:17 PM

Wutpa:
    I'll be looking forward to the exciting line of Acme products that will start popping up in the Pro Shop. :)

Yes!  Can we have Daffy Duck doing the commentary too?

Here's one to start.

• AlejBaran
    1,405 Posts
    Tue, Oct 27 2020 5:27 PM

ScottHope:

To change any text color, just put your text between the BB Code in the square brackets. DO NOT type this into the HTML source editor. It is typed into the message editor with the rest of your message.

[‍color=red]Your text goes in here[/color]
    Your text goes in here

[‍size=20px][‍color=blue]You can make it bigger and coloured like this[/color][/size]
    You can make it bigger and coloured like this

Phew!  ; )

let"s see if i can do it.Thanks Scott for all your tips and help

Edit:YEEAAAH, baby!!!

• garylewisgr
    415 Posts
    Tue, Oct 27 2020 6:40 PM

YEAH BABY !!-------I was finally able to play the early access game!!  I thought after numerous attempts with no success that I would be kicked to the side lines come Dec 29th.    The meter is waaay lot better than the old flash version--so that's a plus

On the down side it does look a little cartoonish but all told with the smoother meter I will be happy with it eventually.

Some questions---1  Is there no way to watch a replay of a shot taken?  2--Is the zoom feature gone?   3 If I'm not using flash what am I using to play the game?  4 What happened to the profile page?

I  think I will get used to the new version, but it will take awhile!

Thanks  Gary

• ScottHope
    10,094 Posts
    Wed, Oct 28 2020 3:20 AM

AlejBaran:

Nice one Alej & thank you too. ; )

garylewisgr:
    Some questions---1  Is there no way to watch a replay of a shot taken?  2--Is the zoom feature gone?   3 If I'm not using flash what am I using to play the game?  4 What happened to the profile page?

There is no in-game function as yet to save/watch a shot replay. But if you have Win10 or OBS installed or an Nvidia or AMD graphics card with fairly up to date software, then you will have the ability to record a past event, i.e., a shot that you have made a few moments ago.
    You won't have multiple camera views, like we do in flash, of your shot, but you will have a recording.
    There is no zoom like we have in flash, but Windows has a magnifier built in, so you could try that. Windows key + '+' to switch it on, and Windows key + ESC to turn it off.
    See Kens post below.
    The game uses the Unity game engine, that's all I know.  : )
    If you are looking for a profile page in the game, there isn't one as such, at least not one that resembles our WGT.com one.
  • Kenher01
    1,151 Posts
    Wed, Oct 28 2020 3:46 AM

ScottHope:

AlejBaran:

Nice one Alej & thank you too. ; )

garylewisgr:

There is no in-game function as yet to save/watch a shot replay. But if you have Win10 or OBS installed or an Nvidia or AMD graphics card with fairly up to date software, then you will have the ability to record a past event, i.e., a shot that you have made a few moments ago.
    You won't have multiple camera views, like we do in flash, of your shot, but you will have a recording.
    There is no zoom like we have in flash, but Windows has a magnifier built in, so you could try that. Windows key + '+' to switch it on, and Windows key + ESC to turn it off.
    The game uses the Unity game engine, that's all I know.  : )
    If you are looking for a profile page in the game, there isn't one as such, at least not one that resembles our WGT.com one.

Hi Scott,

There is a way to Zoom in on the NV

+ Key will Zoom in, one press zooms in once (holding it down does same) so you'll have to press again & again to keep zooming in, then use the - Key to zoom back out

On the Greens if you've zoomed in a quick shortcut to get back out quickly is to go into Greenview & back out & it will be back in reg' view.

You can use the Arrows to Pan up/down, left & right, they are especially useful at say Olympic is someone is playing on Fullscreen & can't see the tops of trees or overhanging branches

Ken

• ScottHope
    10,094 Posts
    Wed, Oct 28 2020 4:18 AM

Thank you for that Ken, did not know about that, excellent.  ; )

Is it documented anywhere? 

That will please Yiannis, that you can pan to see the tops of the trees.

• Kenher01
    1,151 Posts
    Wed, Oct 28 2020 4:48 AM

ScottHope:

Thank you for that Ken, did not know about that, excellent.  ; )

Is it documented anywhere? 

That will please Yiannis, that you can pan to see the tops of the trees.

It is indeed Shirley,

All up here! ;)

Ken

• ScottHope
    10,094 Posts
    Wed, Oct 28 2020 5:02 AM

Lol.

Y'know what, I have in the past pressed the arrow keys to see if the screen would pan in the new version, and it did a little bit. I thought to myself, wouldn't it be great if it panned all the way up instead of just a tiny bit. It never occurred to me to press the key more than once, lol, how dumb am I.

Thanks again Ken. Got any more tips under that green hat of yours?  ; )

• Kenher01
    1,151 Posts
    Wed, Oct 28 2020 6:14 AM

ScottHope:

Lol.

Y'know what, I have in the past pressed the arrow keys to see if the screen would pan in the new version, and it did a little bit. I thought to myself, wouldn't it be great if it panned all the way up instead of just a tiny bit. It never occurred to me to press the key more than once, lol, how dumb am I.

Thanks again Ken. Got any more tips under that green hat of yours?  ; )

Been there, done that, still have the T-Shirt & I'm sure I'll be there again in some other situation.

Sometimes we can't see the wood for the trees! ;)

Ken

RSS