Forums

Help › Forums

pinehurst 4th hole

Mon, Jul 7 2014 1:18 AM (67 replies)
  • MartyFlanagan
    2,488 Posts
    Thu, Jun 5 2014 9:53 PM

luke donald posted this on his instagram, it says 529. it will be interesting to see if it plays 565yd during the us open

http://instagram.com/p/o4MX95RWRb/

• LOLserver
    3,522 Posts
    Thu, Jun 5 2014 11:37 PM

Not, it won't.

Pity and a shame WGT changes the distances of certain holes, like it did with hole 1 at Olympic form the 2012 Us Open.

Why the change?....I guess is simply to make the game less ridiculous easy, I cannot come with other more logical & reasonable explanation.

Very tired & BORED with the easiest of this game. 

Eric

• MartyFlanagan
    2,488 Posts
    Fri, Jun 6 2014 2:51 AM

i thought all the holes played the same as the us open scorecards, didnt think they would change them when they want it exactly the same, if they were going to change a hole they should have made one of the short par 4's longer and kept the 4th at 525yd.

you need to play the 4th in a good helping moderate wind to get to the green, never got the green on low wind, it will probably play easier for me when i get a longer driver.

it should be fine for the pros if it plays 525 and its downhill

would the level 90 platinum or black balls help get on the green in 2 in low wind?

• LOLserver
    3,522 Posts
    Sun, Jun 8 2014 1:39 AM

Here you have it. 529 yards for the Us Open 2014 at Pinehurts 2. vs 565 yards for WGT the Virtual Us Open 2014

hole 4 photo hole-4_zps78c6153f.jpg

I guess WGT will come soon with a brand new Bubba driver with 312 yards for 5000 credits ;-)

Eric

• alberich35
    858 Posts
    Sun, Jun 8 2014 2:35 AM

LOLserver:

I guess WGT will come soon with a brand new Bubba driver with 312 yards for 5000 credits ;-)

Eric

Or new innovatrice  balls lvl 1 very very slow meter, more distance, incredible BS, waterproof  and what else, only 1200 credit the ball by a day.

• MartyFlanagan
    2,488 Posts
    Sun, Jun 8 2014 2:38 AM

i see the problem now we are on the wrong tee, the correct tee is on left of the trees

maybe wgt photographed the wrong tee, it would be nice if they would comment on this matter, you can see the blue triangle is on the correct tee for this hole if you view the image on the bigger size

im not complaining im just wondering what happened

• MartyFlanagan
    2,488 Posts
    Sun, Jun 8 2014 3:00 AM

i checked and its a tee box, i played the hole from 528yds with the same wind as in the images, a good drive left me 221 up 14ft, you can reach the green better from the correct tee

• LOLserver
    3,522 Posts
    Sun, Jun 8 2014 6:16 AM

No comments from WGT I suppose Marty, instead, we might as well get a ban warn for exposing WGT manipulation of the holes distance.

Like you, since Olympic hole 1 (I saw the pros hitting the approach with 9 irons and even wedges), I have been wondering why, no need to change those things, silly & totally unreal.

Eric

• oilyrag
    875 Posts
    Sun, Jun 8 2014 8:00 AM

in previous us opens at pinehurst it played as a 565 yard par 5

so for some reason there has been confusion from old to new us opens

• LOLserver
    3,522 Posts
    Sun, Jun 8 2014 8:24 AM

oilyrag:

in previous us opens at pinehurst it played as a 565 yard par 5

so for some reason there has been confusion from old to new us opens

lol, if this it true, WGT only forgot to make it......par 5!!!..hehehe

Eric

edit, sry got carried away.....still ridiculous. 

RSS