Help › Forums

So what's wrong with the Site.

rated by 0 users
Sun, Oct 3 2010 6:31 PM (14 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Chipsalot
    74 Posts
    Wed, Sep 29 2010 7:10 PM

This morning I've joined 10 games on Kiawah.

Three of them failed to load and not one of the other seven got beyond the third hole. Generally due to freezing a player in mid swing.

And before anyone starts blaming my computer, it's clean, clear. fast and responsive.

• Sanco
    1,345 Posts
    Wed, Sep 29 2010 7:18 PM

No, it's not your computer mate. It's WGT trying to clear your cash...lol

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Wed, Sep 29 2010 7:19 PM

Chipsalotcharlie, is that you?  lol!!

• TextMyPC
    232 Posts
    Wed, Sep 29 2010 7:50 PM

It's WGT. The more they add to the game, the more poorly it becomes. It's because they're trying to use Flash as a gaming engine. It will eventually be unplayable.

TMPC

• oneputtdavid
    1,337 Posts
    Wed, Sep 29 2010 9:06 PM

Just switch to google Chrome this morning. Been playing ALL freaking day and the usual unexpected "hiccups" from Flash 10.1 appear to have been "less" frequent. Emphasis on "less"  

Don't get me wrong I'm not tooting Chromes horn I just wanted to try something/anything. I am fully convinced a more developed gaming engine needs to be used. Just a computer dummies opinion.

All I know is when my laptop, which sits on my lap when I play starts to get "hot" the game "demons" are not far behind. lol.... For those who thinking lack of air circulation between my lap and PC I'm fully aware of that scenario.

• Tigerwids
    238 Posts
    Thu, Sep 30 2010 5:50 AM

meter playing up all day it`s cost me 4 ball`s in 2 games time for T.W.O. Till wgt solve this constant problem

• schmeazle
    3 Posts
    Thu, Sep 30 2010 5:58 AM

last 2 days, game freezes everytime  a quitter leaves the game, even if quitting from the menu

• griffygriff
    597 Posts
    Thu, Sep 30 2010 7:25 AM

input david:

Just switch to google Chrome this morning. Been playing ALL freaking day and the usual unexpected "hiccups" from Flash 10.1 appear to have been "less" frequent. Emphasis on "less"  

Don't get me wrong I'm not tooting Chromes horn I just wanted to try something/anything. I am fully convinced a more developed gaming engine needs to be used. Just a computer dummies opinion.

All I know is when my laptop, which sits on my lap when I play starts to get "hot" the game "demons" are not far behind. lol.... For those who thinking lack of air circulation between my lap and PC I'm fully aware of that scenario.

Hey Oneputt David try buying a cool pad for your laptop over heating issues.The cool pad has 2 small fans built in to it and plugs in to the laptop. My wife bought mine a month or two ago on sale for about $18. It really is amazing the difference it makes, i only wish i would have got one sooner.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Sep 30 2010 8:10 AM

GG-What got better? 

• griffygriff
    597 Posts
    Thu, Sep 30 2010 9:31 AM

YankeeJim:

GG-What got better? 

Well before i got the cool pad, my computer would heat up during play on this site. Many times it got so hot the computer would crash, then i would have to wait 15 mins for it to cool down, before i could use it again. Also as it was getting hotter the page downloads got slower and the meter started to lag. After buying the cool pad my computer is cool to the touch and slow downloads and meter lags are a thing of the past.. i love it and would recommend it to anyone that has a laptop that runs hot. The name on the one i have is Targus and the wife got it from Office Depot, on sale for $18.

• PAGES
RSS