Forums

Help › Forums

Upcoming Changes...and Thank You!

Fri, Feb 11 2011 2:20 AM (215 replies)
  • Kaslo
    428 Posts
    Sat, Sep 25 2010 3:34 PM

WGTSky:

Hey guys, sorry there's no definitive ETA on full implementation of plans, but you will see changes being rolled out during the next few releases. 

Many thanks, once again, for all your constructive feedback during this process and of course, going forward!

I am referring to the new ball. :) And please don't try to pull a fast one. It has to have at least the 1 feel 2 spin of the Tour GI-SD ball as well as the added distance.

• GL57
    83 Posts
    Sat, Sep 25 2010 6:18 PM

Hey, and don't forget us old f*cks with lesser reflexes who own the Super R9 and i15 clubs! That means a super legend ball with at least 2 feel increments.

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Sat, Sep 25 2010 6:39 PM

Hi There

I've been thinking about this for a few days now. WGT was and still is a great game to play, from the first ball I hit, I was doing my best to improve and get better, which I did. I looked forward to going to the next Tier. After the change I'm a Tour Master starting on Level 30 and I was very happy about that, until I started to read  what some of the Legends are saying about there playing conditions,  I'm now thinking that I don't want to become a Legend...What has happened because of the recent changes WGT has taken the FUN out of the game and changes should be made to bring the FUN back in.

The new Tiers are great..no probs with them, that is a great Idea.. what should have happened was, let's say Legends should have started on Level 80, Tour Master should have started on Level 50, Masters on Level 30 and so on... This way it might have been a bit more workable and of course these numbers can be open to debate.

The next thing... the Ready-Go Tournaments should be only against fellow golfers from your own Tier..eg; Legends against Legends, Tour Masters against the rest... I've noticed there is not too many Pro's/Hacks entering them cause of the lack of credits maybe.

If this happens then everybody will be on the same playing field in Tournaments.

We do need more courses to play in single/group play. The old course are getting a bit boring after awhile, but I still enjoy playing them...lol....not sure how that works... if WGT need to pay $$$ to get the rights for us all to play on them not sure, but not fussed about it.

On closing the World Golf Tour is still a Fantastic game to play and IS the best online golf game out here but the FUN has to be brought back so we can all start enjoying playing and Striving to get better and start to look forward to be upgraded to nxt Tier.

Thks

Roger

• gsoup
    2,929 Posts
    Sat, Sep 25 2010 6:58 PM

i really enjoy the game, meter blips, expensive clubs, new balls. i moan and complain like every one else.  who cares. its just a game, i elected to buy ass the ancillary equipment to make this game more fun for me.

some of you are just a little to serious.

keep it in the short stuff.

is there a research facility looking into the cure of cantfrigginputworthadamnitis?

donate for reaserch

• iconian
    599 Posts
    Sat, Sep 25 2010 11:14 PM

Let's' see:

At the last day of the original ending of the SALE, I think it was like 3rd week of august, I bought 500 balls. I spent about 10k in credits.

I have about 310 left, you do the math:)

• cosynook
    7 Posts
    Sun, Sep 26 2010 1:12 AM

changing the topic slightly , hmmmm  lots of players i'm sure are going to agree with me regarding the new tier set up especially the legends out there -- there has been alot of argueing going on as the playing field is at a  disadvantage when it comes to playing against tiers lower than us legends --  difference of 500 yards plus which is a little unfair -- no disrespect to the lower tiers but think about it really ! - unless WGT introduces a new ball that generates more yardage and more spin made availible  only to the legends, it will even out the playing field  and make it more fun playing again - But if this is not introduced there will be more fighting and argueing regarding Ranked games -- and that word FUN will be taken out of the equation -- a word that WGT desperately tries to uphold at all times !!!

• LFARRELL
    49 Posts
    Sun, Sep 26 2010 1:52 AM

if wgt was smart they would cut the price in half and id put my credits where my mouth is on this 1...they would sell more then twice as many..make sense?what do my fellow players think?

• Iceats
    346 Posts
    Sun, Sep 26 2010 2:20 AM

Hmmmm - Looking at this months money leaders it would appear no fix is required.  18 of the top 20 are LEGENDS with earnings over $6,600.

Out of the top 50, 40 are LEGENDS.

I have seen scores by Legends on various competitions at 60 and a couple below that.

Guess I don't really understand the issue with the stats that exists.

• Trackterror03
    105 Posts
    Sun, Sep 26 2010 3:57 AM

Sky,

Thank you for you & WGT looking into the incr4eased difficulty and options to fairly correct the situation.

As far as the new ball, unless it is offered with at least 2 dots of "feel" it wont be much help, especially if WGT makes it 100 credits or more! Why not offer a club that is ranked at least 285 yards with a meter speed of 5 or less!

The meter stutters on WGT are legendary and we all know that unless the meter speed is reasonable, it will be extremely difficult to even hit the fairway.

I very much miss my wedges!!! They were a big part of my game. What I think would help tremendously is to remove the putting wedges from the "Irons" and make it a separate choice for the players. I would most definitely pull my putting wedge and replace it with my 110 54 degree Taylor Made, that way I can still have a 3 wood in my bag.

I don't think us "old timers" (lol) should have to be at a disadvantage or be punished because we are classified as "Legends". If anything, we should be rewarded for our dedication and monetary history for the countless rounds, and all of the frustrations we have endured.

Thank you Sky,

Track

• ironking34
    749 Posts
    Sun, Sep 26 2010 4:51 AM

Iceats:

Hmmmm - Looking at this months money leaders it would appear no fix is required.  18 of the top 20 are LEGENDS with earnings over $6,600.

Out of the top 50, 40 are LEGENDS.

I have seen scores by Legends on various competitions at 60 and a couple below that.

Guess I don't really understand the issue with the stats that exists.

That's because we're playing more than others, I play a lot of ready go tourney and it seems out of every nine I play I'm seeing a tour master winning around 5 out of 9.  The only reason you're not seeing them on the leaderboard is that they don't want to advance to legend because of the how hard it is that they play way less than the legends do.  That's why you're seeing mostly legends on the leaderboard.  There was a tour master that was in the top 5 and he got bumped up to legend played a couple of rounds and legend and decided it was too unfair and stopped playing with his account (I'm sure he just started another one but who knows).  Believe me when I say that looking at the leaderboard doesn't really give any clear picture of how unfair they game is at the legend tier.

RSS