Help › Forums

Is Tiger finished?

Sat, Nov 17 2018 11:05 PM (92 replies)
  • spdemon
    1,588 Posts
    Wed, Apr 2 2014 12:37 AM

courteneyfish:
    SweetiePie:

In truth? It really doesn't matter. All of his peers, regardless of age or era, already know that he is the best golfer that has ever played the game. Fact of life.

That's a big claim. How would he have coped before the super clubs and balls spoiled the game?

super clubs lol i have to disagree have u watched him putt

• mara43
    1,674 Posts
    Wed, Apr 2 2014 1:56 AM

courteneyfish:
    How would he have coped before the super clubs and balls spoiled the game?

sounds like we are talking about WGT........!!

one can only judge greatness when Tiger has retired from the main Tour when he can then be compared with those who came before him.......hope he gets back out on the course soon as he adds that extra edge to the tournaments....

:-)

• BubbaSauce
    260 Posts
    Wed, Apr 2 2014 3:37 AM

He'll be back. But if he's smart, he'll stop trying to chase who he once was.

As the old saying goes, "Play within yourself". If Tiger can do that, he'll win some more majors.

Aside from some health issues here and there, Tiger hasn't been the same since his father passed away. I believe all of his personal problems stem from the lack of guidance his father gave him, even as an adult. If he can come to grips with that, we will remember two great Tigers.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Apr 2 2014 5:14 AM

Chinajohn:
    With the announcement that Tiger Woods has had to withdraw from the 2014 Masters due to not recovering from (more) back surgery, the question may be, is he finished?

He had the minor surgery to correct a pinched nerve. The idea was to be able to play at a high level for 3 majors as opposed to a lower level for 4. He'll be back.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Wed, Apr 2 2014 6:37 AM

courteneyfish:
    SweetiePie:

In truth? It really doesn't matter. All of his peers, regardless of age or era, already know that he is the best golfer that has ever played the game. Fact of life.

That's a big claim. How would he have coped before the super clubs and balls spoiled the game?
    Tiger has been playing well since age 3 or 4. He was raised and weaned on persimmon & credit card looking, forged blades. As he came out on tour, he was using The Mizuno M29 blade irons that replicate the MacGregor V.I.P. and MacGregor Tommy Armour blades of older times. Watching old footage of greats like Bobby Jones - Byron Nelson - Ben Hogan - Venturi and so on, prove the genuine, singular greatness of their times. Nevertheless, what was said regarding Tiger was not a claim, but rather, as stated, a fact of life.

~SP~

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Wed, Apr 2 2014 7:00 AM
    SweetiePie:

Nevertheless, what was said regarding Tiger was not a claim, but rather, as stated, a fact of life.

~SP~

It's your opinion. Nothing more.
  • PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Sat, Apr 12 2014 3:59 PM

Facts of life - Nicklaus 18 majors, Woods 14 majors.

- Snead 82 tour wins, Woods 79 tour wins

• Dubfore
    4,348 Posts
    Sun, Apr 13 2014 3:52 AM

Not only will he be back,  but (injury free), I think he'll beat both of those records, Snead's easily.  Any big gamblers here?   Your bookie might give you a special double bet on it.

He's young enough and  just too good not to. 

• JasonNumber100
    2,906 Posts
    Sun, Apr 13 2014 4:25 AM

Beware of an injured Tiger.

• THEWIPERS
    96 Posts
    Sun, Apr 13 2014 7:38 AM

He will beat Sneads,of course,easily.19majors?I don't think so.

RSS