• PGAbound67
    565 Posts
    Sun, Sep 19 2010 5:46 PM

Driver: Taylormade Supertri TP 9.5* w/ Ozik tphd X-flex shaft

3wd: Sonartec GS Tour 14* w/ Fuji Rombax S flex

Hybrid: Titleist 585-h 17* w/ Fuji Rombax S flex

Irons: Mizuno Mp-67 w/ Project X 6.0's

Wedges: Mizuno Mp-T10, 54* and 60*

Putter: Never Compromise GM2 exchange #4, won this in a tourny a few years ago and can't take it out of the bag.

Longest drive: 380ish with the help of a sprinkler head I imagine, was playing a 400 yd par 4, hit a great drive down the left side, but couldnt find it anywhere in the fairway,kept looking and looking, no where to be found, my buddy went up a little farther down and it was in the greenside bunker, I couldnt believe it lol.

Handicap- +1

Low round- 67(hence the 67 in my name) 

• lilrob88
    870 Posts
    Sun, Sep 19 2010 5:46 PM

KingOfTheCourse:
    Irons: Titleist AP2 (2009) 3-PW, 5.5 Project X Flighted Rifle iron shafts

Project X shafts are sweet. wish they came in my clubs. Pretty expensive shaft. $60-70 a pop. gonna have to pass for now

• corace
    276 Posts
    Sun, Sep 19 2010 6:07 PM

driver Taylor Made 425 R-7 stiff grafite shaft

3-5 woods Taylor Made Burner stiff grafite shaft

3-PW-AW-LW-SW R-7's stiff grafite shafts

Putter Rossa

titlest Prov1 balls(golf)

Stone Canyon Golf Club, Independence,Mo (Greg Norman design) home course

Black tee's 73.2/141 6695 Members tee's 70.5/135 6227

handy 9.2 index 7.4 as of today

longest drive- might of been over 310 lately.

As of 33 years ago when I started playing, at 21, I can't remember that far back, and can't see my ball land today!

Best round on home course, black tees, in tournament 73. todays round 76 after 4 inches of rain last night with hail damaged greens.

Golf, my wife, children, are my passion. Some would say in that order. I don't but it is close!

• TarheelsRule
    5,480 Posts
    Mon, Sep 20 2010 9:03 AM

Driver - Cleveland Hi Bore Monster  10.5 graphite

3 Wood - Cleveland Hi Bore graphite

3 - PW, AW, SW - Callaway X 20 graphite

LB - Callaway 58 degree

Putter - Odyessey Sabretooth

Balls - Srixon Soft Core

All my clubs are regular shafts

Been playing since I was 8 so almost 50 years now.  Best round is 65 on a par 72 course and 64 on a par 70.  Long drive probably in the 310 range years ago.  I have 3 hole in ones on regular golf courses.  Handicap index is 5.4 currently.  Can't hit it as far as I used to so try to play tees in the 6600 yard range now.

• SEK1
    38 Posts
    Mon, Sep 20 2010 10:46 PM

Lilrob how much for the Daytona and R9! if you are willing to sell, my dad could use a new driver, I would give him mine but im a lefty!  (not pushing you if you don't want to sell it I understand haha)  but seriously send me a message if you want to free up your locker space :)

• KingOfTheCourse
    419 Posts
    Tue, Sep 21 2010 5:51 PM

lilrob88:

KingOfTheCourse:
    Irons: Titleist AP2 (2009) 3-PW, 5.5 Project X Flighted Rifle iron shafts

Project X shafts are sweet. wish they came in my clubs. Pretty expensive shaft. $60-70 a pop. gonna have to pass for now

That's probably why my AP2's set me back a grand lol

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Thu, Sep 23 2010 2:51 PM

danohi50:

If you have a good custom club maker in town, and I mean a good one. They should have alot of heads to chose from.

If you go graphite, I recomend adding a 5 gram weight at the end of each shaft. Yes they make inserts. It will increase the swing weight a bit (usally 1 Swing-weight), but the extra snap you get at impact really helps launch the ball and will help slightly when you over cook your draw.

Good luck!

Have them build one club with your choice of head styles. Take it to the range after the glue dries lol. Hit it then go back to the club maker and report to him on the shape of your shot and any thoughts you might have. This beats the heck out of buying an entire set that dont turn out to be right.

Thanks so much! I took your advice, drove south to Orange County where a Golfsmith store is available. They had many custom heads to peruse. I explained what I had in mind, that being straight forward, blade looking iron heads, no offset, with graphite help, higher trajectory and more distance. I also wanted a straight ahead driver with more distance. They had a driving net and programed my results and came up with a combination that should serve my desires. They (the clubs) will be available next tuesday. I will keep you posted on the result.

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Thu, Sep 23 2010 3:04 PM

SP, where are you playing (with your new clubs) next Tuesday?  We will all meet you on the first tee.

I am sure you are excited... almost like waiting for Christmas when you're a kid.

• danohi50
    1,020 Posts
    Thu, Sep 23 2010 3:04 PM

Very good SP,

The big key is the fit of the shaft to your swing, If they get it close to right your gonna be very happy. I used to ask my customers what there favorite club was. If the answer was any thing other than a 7 iron or under, lol, I knew I could build them a killer set.

Keep me posted!

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Thu, Sep 23 2010 3:46 PM

Doublemochaman:

SP, where are you playing (with your new clubs) next Tuesday?  We will all meet you on the first tee.

I am sure you are excited... almost like waiting for Christmas when you're a kid.

It will be Wednesday...early...I plan to hit many extra practice shots per hole...my home course, Valencia CC...I know it so well, that I will be immediatly in position to judge. I expect nothing other than to learn to use something new and won't be surprised if I don't do very well. We'll see.  Thanks Moch, and thanks again Danohi

RSS