Forums

Help › Forums

Real Life Golf Stats

Thu, Sep 30 2010 7:26 PM (26 replies)
  • SEK1
    38 Posts
    Sat, Sep 18 2010 11:14 PM

I figured this might be kind of a fun post that people might take interest in

For all of the real golfers, let this be a thread to post what equipment you use on the real course, and your handicap index, i figure it should be fun to see how the masters play on the real course.

My setup,

Left handed

Steel Shaft Stiff Flex Nike Slingshot 4d irons 4-PW, GW (labeled as an approach wedge)

Taylormade R9 Supertri Driver 9.5 Stiff Flex

Cleveland Steel 19 Degree 5 wood with Aldila shaft 65-S

Wilson Harmonized 55* wedge and 60* wedge (cheap but they play well! haha)

Odyssey White Hot XG #1 Blade Putter

My stats,

Handicap Index 12.9

Swing Speed 117-125

Longest measured drive- 330-335 (no bullsh*t did it with a GPS)

**EDIT**  had somewhere around a 400 yarder off the cart path a while back, completely cleared the green on a 387 to center green par 4 but I don't really count that one

Home Course: Old Ranch Country Club, Seal Beach, CA

Balls: Nike One Platinum and Nike Tour D

Lets hear from everyone else!

• danohi50
    1,020 Posts
    Sun, Sep 19 2010 2:45 AM

I cant play anymore thanks to a baCK INJURY BUT HERE IS WHAT i HAD.

Right handed

5I-pw Irons:

Graphite shafted irons 3.5 degrees torque, 1 inch over standard length. 25% under stiff flex,

Medium kick point. Custom heads. Simple perimeter weight. A little more bounce than normal. (soft fairways)

Driver:

Custom 350CC Titanium head. 45" graphite shaft. 4.00 torque firm R flex.

3, 5, 7, custom heads big bertha copies 44", 42, & 42' shafts. Yes 5 wood and 7 had the same length shaft.  3.75 torque R and 1/2 flex.

all medium kick point.

Various different wedge's mixed and matched to the course to be played.

Titelist B-13 putter ( my billy baroo)

HdCP index 7.2

swingspeed 100-110

Longest drive, 270

My best round on a full size course. 68

My best on a 5500 yard executive course, par 65...62

• lilrob88
    870 Posts
    Sun, Sep 19 2010 7:30 AM

Driver: 8.5 degree Cleveland Launcher (06 model) probably the best driver I've ever had.

3 Wood: Titleist 906 F2 15degrees

Hybrid: Titleist 909 H 19degrees

Irons: Taylormade Tour Preferreds 4I-PW

Wedges: Taylordmade Z wedge series. 50, 54, and 60 degrees

Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Select

Ball: Taylormade Penta

I have a Daytona and a R9 in my locker here at work that the generious people at taylormade supply me with each year, but I'll stick to my old clevlenad and cameron :)

STATS:

Handicapp: is susposedly 0 since PGA members cant have a handicapp, but if I were to have one I'd say im probably a 4

My best round: 66 here at my home course from our back tees. Course plays 7100yds from the tips. One bogey on the 17th hole. short par 3. played 110 that day. Tee ball landed in a green side bunker and plugged pretty good

Longest Drive: My longest drive im not quite sure, but id guess around 375. 7th hole here is a 440yd par 4 (plays downhill of course) Once had about a 60yd shot left into the green. Beast :D Average tee ball is probably 270

That about does it :)

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Sun, Sep 19 2010 7:44 AM

Driver- Taylor Made burner 10.5 bubble shaft firm

Adams 3 wood regular shaft

MacGregar 1952 persimmon 4 wood, black&white insert original stiff shaft

Mizuno MP 29 irons 3-pw with dynamic gold S-100 shafts 4 degrees flat lie

Ping eye2 orange dot SW

Ram 60 SW

Acushnet Bullseye putter

hdcp 7

Longest drive? maybe 275. I average around 225 and rarely miss a fairway

best round- 66 from the poontang tees, home course

Hero- Hogan...

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Sun, Sep 19 2010 8:16 AM

SweetiePie... does your dad know you're using his clubs?!  Just kidding.  Back to my fresh-made double mocha and my morning newspaper...

• SEK1
    38 Posts
    Sun, Sep 19 2010 9:02 AM

forgot about my best round, best round from the back tees where i usually play was 78

(i've only been golfing less than a year but i've played over 50 rounds so i do get a lot of practice time)

best round on a par 31 exec course was a 35.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Sun, Sep 19 2010 3:40 PM

Doublemochaman:
    SweetiePie... does your dad know you're using his clubs?!  Just kidding.  Back to my fresh-made double mocha and my morning newspaper...

LOL...I am currently shopping for modern sticks...I'm just giving up too much distance with the hodge-podge I've had for so long, and love, but the latest stuff is, to me, too lightweight and I can't feel the head. When I hit the ball, I can't feel where it is going and I can't seem to work the ball. My swing is flat, and I turn it down just a bit at impact which allows for a slight draw. The newer clubs just seem to create a dummy ball that goes kinda straight with no control, yet further. I don't know what is going to take place. I am shopping, and that is a start.

• danohi50
    1,020 Posts
    Sun, Sep 19 2010 3:57 PM

If you have a good custom club maker in town, and I mean a good one. They should have alot of heads to chose from.

If you go graphite, I recomend adding a 5 gram weight at the end of each shaft. Yes they make inserts. It will increase the swing weight a bit (usally 1 Swing-weight), but the extra snap you get at impact really helps launch the ball and will help slightly when you over cook your draw.

Good luck!

Have them build one club with your choice of head styles. Take it to the range after the glue dries lol. Hit it then go back to the club maker and report to him on the shape of your shot and any thoughts you might have. This beats the heck out of buying an entire set that dont turn out to be right.

• stencil
    455 Posts
    Sun, Sep 19 2010 4:21 PM

Driver: Taylormade Supertri 1 degree open regular

flex 3 wd: Original taylormad Burner stiff flex

Taylormade tp 3 hybrid stiff flex

Taylormade tp 4 hybrid stiff flex

Taylormade Burner 5-pw reg. flex

Taylormade Z Tp 52 & 56 & 60 degree

Taylormade 08 Rossa Putter

Titleist pro v1/ Taylormade Penta

300-310 long drive par 5 190 to green for second

4 handicap

Low round of 73 at home course

• KingOfTheCourse
    419 Posts
    Sun, Sep 19 2010 5:31 PM

Here we go:

Scratch golfer since age 16 (official USGA index as of 9/15/10 is +1.8)

Driver: Taylormade R9 10.5 degree, Fujkura Mortore stiff shaft, set on neutral upright

3 wood: Taylormade R9 15 degree, Fujkura Mortore stiff shaft, set on neutral upright

Hybrid: Taylormade TP Rescue 19 degree, True Temper Dynamic Gold stiff shaft

Irons: Titleist AP2 (2009) 3-PW, 5.5 Project X Flighted Rifle iron shafts

52 Wedge: Titleist Volkey Spin-Milled

60 Wedge: Titleist Volkey Spin-Milled

Putter: Taylormade Monza Rossa Putter

Ball: Nike Tour D

low score: 65 at my home course

RSS