Forums

Help › Forums

Purse Tournaments

rated by 0 users
Sat, Sep 18 2010 3:56 PM (6 replies)
  • bfghd
    1,344 Posts
    Sat, Sep 18 2010 12:02 PM
    When I try to enter enter purse tournaments for my cc, it says my state I live in doesn't let me play purse tournaments. Why is this. Any help would be appreciated.
  • duffer66
    700 Posts
    Sat, Sep 18 2010 12:11 PM

Your state law will not allow it, I live in TN and it is the same for me also.

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Sat, Sep 18 2010 12:26 PM

How do they know which state you live in? Couldn't you change your address?

• bfghd
    1,344 Posts
    Sat, Sep 18 2010 1:33 PM

thanks duffer, just won't be able to play in purse tournaments. Still think it's weird you can't play in one.

• TarheelsRule
    5,476 Posts
    Sat, Sep 18 2010 1:43 PM

Same for me, I think there are about a dozen states in that non gambling group.  Your address is in your profile and it pulls from there.  I guess you can change it but I don't know if your credit cards would work.  I just suffer in silence, it does suck that you can 't even play in your country clubs tourneys.

• borntobesting
    9,628 Posts
    Sat, Sep 18 2010 3:27 PM

TarheelsRule:

Same for me, I think there are about a dozen states in that non gambling group.  Your address is in your profile and it pulls from there.  I guess you can change it but I don't know if your credit cards would work.  I just suffer in silence, it does suck that you can 't even play in your country clubs tourneys.

The U.S. states that do not allow skill-based gaming are: Arizona, Arkansas, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Iowa, Illinois, Louisiana, Maryland, Montana, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, and Vermont. This is straight from the WGT Faq's page. And I just read that my state Kentucky may be added to this list. It hasn't so far but only time will tell.

This means if you live in one of those states you can not participate in any tourney that charges an entry fee and awards a purse. Like the ready-gos and the few weekly and monthly tourneys that charge an entry fee and any CC tourneys that have a purse.

As far as the CC tourneys go if the creator of the tourney wants to have a prize for the winner he could make it in the form a a gift of a club or a sleeve or sleeve of balls. I'm unsure if you can gift credits but if you can then you could do that was well. And if the gift is in the form of a club I assume that the recipient could sell it back to pro shop for 1/4 of it value.

Sure You could change your address in your account info to a state that does allow skill-based gaming but that could cause some problems as you are breaking your state law by playing and causing WGT to unwittingly break the law as well.

Sorry didn't mean to have such a long winded reply.

• bfghd
    1,344 Posts
    Sat, Sep 18 2010 3:56 PM

thanks guys, the best idea is probably to gift a club to the winner. thanks for your help.

RSS