Help › Forums

Big Berthas

Wed, Jun 4 2014 8:29 AM (134 replies)
  • hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Tue, Jun 3 2014 10:12 AM

WigerToods2010:

hpurey:
    LOL,  if WGT ever does give us Yellow Cally's, or heck, any yellow ball similar to or better than the Callway, I'll march straight to CCC and plop one in the drink on purpose. ;-)

Ask and ye shall indeed receive.....

Happy...ermm.... shootin'!

:O)

How did I miss this??? lol,  that's awesome.

• mohaviegreen
    404 Posts
    Tue, Jun 3 2014 2:21 PM

I've owned the R1 Limited Edition Driver since they came out as Limited Edition. There's not a driver out there that can sway me from my R1. Out drives everything as it should. Limited Edition means just that. If you own the R1, no sense trying anything else.

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Wed, Jun 4 2014 7:08 AM

I'm really interested in trying the Nike or Bertha driver, and I have the R1.  Yea, the R1 goes just as far, maybe a little further with roll, but my reasoning is extra carry, not total distance.

Has anyone compared the R1 to the Nike or Bertha driver for difference in carry yardage?  

I think too many are caught up on total distance, but being that they are all rated at 287 yards, I would only expect them to be fairly close total length wise.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Jun 4 2014 7:38 AM

hpurey:
    Has anyone compared the R1 to the Nike or Bertha driver for difference in carry yardage?  

I did during the Masters free rental period and was unimpressed. The distances were close enough and the carry was too. Then again, I'm a fan of the 8 degree driver because of the way it handles winds. Don't even want a yellow one.  ;-)

hpurey:
    I think too many are caught up on total distance, but being that they are all rated at 287 yards, I would only expect them to be fairly close total length wise.

Isn't that the truth. How important is it to have the longest drive? And where is it crucial to have carry off the tee with a driver to the point of spending $40 to get it?

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Wed, Jun 4 2014 8:29 AM

YankeeJim:
    And where is it crucial to have carry off the tee with a driver to the point of spending $40 to get it?

Putting it that way Jim, I think you just saved me some credits.  Thanks  :)

There are quite a few holes that do come to mind, can't recall the hole #'s but it's not like there isn't an alternative area to drive it.   In actuality, my tendency to pick a greedy line wouldn't actually be helped by the extra carry, but would only cause me to pick an even greedier line.  LOL

I'll just set that $40 aside for some L33 "yelloways".  ;-)

RSS