Forums

Help › Forums

Big Berthas

Wed, Jun 4 2014 8:29 AM (134 replies)
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Apr 16 2014 4:03 PM

Spammage:
     I also noticed originally when it was in my bag it was being moved behind one of my wedges

Good fix finding that. Now I'm wondering if the clubs being out of order means anything. I see mixed up clubs a lot when looking at other players' bags in AS. I've never seen it mentioned before.

• Spammage
    694 Posts
    Wed, Apr 16 2014 7:14 PM

YankeeJim:

Spammage:
     I also noticed originally when it was in my bag it was being moved behind one of my wedges

Good fix finding that. Now I'm wondering if the clubs being out of order means anything. I see mixed up clubs a lot when looking at other players' bags in AS. I've never seen it mentioned before.

I'm not sure.  I think you can put them in the "wrong" spot if you try (kind of like using 6 wedges for CTTH games) but I'm not sure with the driver and 3wd.  The wierd thing about the BB 3wd was I would put it next to the driver and saved and then if I checked again it would have moved over one spot and my 64 degree ATV was next to the driver.  I tried to switch out the R11S and it stayed where I put it - switched back to BB and it moved again.

• CHEVYRWM
    474 Posts
    Wed, Apr 16 2014 9:19 PM

Maybe Alphabetical listings  ATV and BB causing the issue  Just a thought.

• ThreeSpot
    476 Posts
    Thu, Apr 17 2014 7:03 AM

YankeeJim:

Spammage:

http://www.wgt.com/forums/p/227954/1642837.aspx

Eighth post down.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Apr 17 2014 8:02 AM

ThreeSpot:

Eighth post down.

Tx, TS, totally missed it.  Curious that nothing was acknowledged (or fixed to this date.)

• ThreeSpot
    476 Posts
    Thu, Apr 17 2014 8:44 AM

YankeeJim:

ThreeSpot:

Eighth post down.

Tx, TS, totally missed it.  Curious that nothing was acknowledged (or fixed to this date.)

Yah, it was buried in amongst a bunch of other complaints about the release. I was a little surprised no else seemed to notice or care until this thread came along - but I've long since learned I am a frequent outlier when it comes to what WGT players care about. :)

• Rohaley
    35 Posts
    Mon, May 12 2014 1:20 PM

yeah it has been TOO long. I finally reached 93 and when at level 92 I saw it offered twice? Now I am almost 94...come on WGT the big R1 needs to go to level 93 for opening golf season!!!!!

• MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Tue, May 13 2014 10:46 AM

Just thought I'd give an update on my experience of the L96 BB driver V's the R1 driver.

While the Bertha is a great driver I try to avoid using it on rounds with high winds so bought myself a bag plus so I could quickly have a different driver when I wanted it.  Of course, sometimes I forget to change and this really makes a difference between the 2 drivers obvious.

If I forget to change to the R1 for a windy round I have to really be on top of my game to get the ball exactly where I want off the tee and post a good score with the Bertha.

If I forget to swap to the R1 for a low wind round then I play as usual, there is no down side.

Basically, I don't think the Bertha can be considered an alternative to the R1, it scarcely makes sense as an addition.

• borntobesting
    9,632 Posts
    Tue, May 13 2014 11:14 AM

MainzMan:
    Basically, I don't think the Bertha can be considered an alternative to the R1, it scarcely makes sense as an addition.

There were many people asking for different clubs. They said not necessarily better clubs just more variety. That is what WGT has started doing. 

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Tue, May 13 2014 11:35 AM

MainzMan:

If I forget to change to the R1 for a windy round I have to really be on top of my game to get the ball exactly where I want off the tee and post a good score with the Bertha.

If I forget to swap to the R1 for a low wind round then I play as usual, there is no down side.

Mainz, don't have the BB but  the Nike 9 deg High Trajectory...if you forget to swap  don't use more than 2/3 b/s unless your trying to keep from running through the fairway on a dogleg...I have a habit of going full b/s with any kind of a helping wind with the R1, not so with the Nike if I want maximum distance....

RSS