Help › Forums

Big Berthas

Wed, Jun 4 2014 8:29 AM (134 replies)
  • MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Tue, Apr 8 2014 11:30 AM

hpurey:

That hole brings this image to mind every time I step onto the tee box. lol

I guess it could have been worse, I could have been using my special edition, very limited production, yellow Callaway ball ; )

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Tue, Apr 8 2014 1:15 PM

LOL, 75% of my total lost balls are on that hole...

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Tue, Apr 8 2014 3:52 PM

MainzMan:
    I guess it could have been worse, I could have been using my special edition, very limited production, yellow Callaway ball ; )

LOL,  if WGT ever does give us Yellow Cally's, or heck, any yellow ball similar to or better than the Callway, I'll march straight to CCC and plop one in the drink on purpose. ;-)

• WigerToods2010
    8,445 Posts
    Tue, Apr 8 2014 4:21 PM

hpurey:
    LOL,  if WGT ever does give us Yellow Cally's, or heck, any yellow ball similar to or better than the Callway, I'll march straight to CCC and plop one in the drink on purpose. ;-)

Ask and ye shall indeed receive.....

Happy...ermm.... shootin'!

:O)

• Rohaley
    35 Posts
    Tue, Apr 8 2014 4:59 PM

YEP BLACK Friday l) hi Fox :)

• mukbrain
    225 Posts
    Sat, Apr 12 2014 9:46 PM

The L96 Alpha driver is just like the longest R1 with the trajectory of the other clubs in that level. I had to hit bad to get it off the fairway. And it went too far with the St. Patrick's ball, dinged it, 20mph wind, in the water at STA 1. It had went 338 beforehand.

Rented it, hope to get it when I get the 3295c.

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Sat, Apr 12 2014 10:10 PM

WigerToods2010:

hpurey:

This is very good....lol

I've been using the BB 3wood for awhile now and I think it's the best new addition in my bag.   Starting to get alot more Eagles now.

I was using the top Level Nike Irons and found they were doing strange things when dinging....If you want to nail a shot they are very good... just when dinging a shot, sometimes...maybe more than sometimes they might go straight to the pin and not where you aim it and alas after quite awhile had to go back the the R11's

-Roger

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Sat, Apr 12 2014 10:14 PM

mukbrain:

The L96 Alpha driver is just like the longest R1 with the trajectory of the other clubs in that level. I had to hit bad to get it off the fairway. And it went too far with the St. Patrick's ball, dinged it, 20mph wind, in the water at STA 1. It had went 338 beforehand.

In case you don't know, any of the top drivers with no spin hit at anything over 90% power will go in the water with a 20mph tailwind on STA #1 from championship tees...

• geraldlarousse
    1,986 Posts
    Sat, Apr 12 2014 10:18 PM

mantis0014:

WigerToods2010:

hpurey:

This is very good....lol

I've been using the BB 3wood for awhile now and I think it's the best new addition in my bag.   Starting to get alot more Eagles now.

I was using the top Level Nike Irons and found they were doing strange things when dinging....If you want to nail a shot they are very good... just when dinging a shot, sometimes...maybe more than sometimes they might go straight to the pin and not where you aim it and alas after quite awhile had to go back the the R11's

-Roger

+1 Roger

Tried the Nike irons again. Same thing. Ding shot goes straight for the pin regardless of aim. Way to many times for my liking.

Reason have not purchase them. Tried the new Drivers as well. The level 100 Nike driver blows, lol. Any headwind this thing is useless. Says good for cutting corners. Not if its not in the air and only goes 270 LOL.  On the other hand the new BB driver i find travels very well into headwind. Still i think the R1 driver rules on any course.

Now the new BB 3 wood. Wow the distance is quite amazing from the fairway. Also i don't find it any less forgiving than the R11s. Very good club.

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Sat, Apr 12 2014 10:40 PM

geraldlarousse:

+1 Roger

Tried the Nike irons again. Same thing. Ding shot goes straight for the pin regardless of aim. Way to many times for my liking.

Not seeing that.  The more I play these, and learn them the more I like them.  I do think the extra trajectory (? on that) / spin  imparted means these things will catch any cross wind more, but once allowed for struggling to fault them.  Practically any spin setting they do what's asked, and now an excellent product IMO.  Can only say what I see.

geraldlarousse:
    Reason have not purchase them. Tried the new Drivers as well. The level 100 Nike driver blows, lol. Any headwind this thing is useless. Says good for cutting corners. Not if its not in the air and only goes 270 LOL.  On the other hand the new BB driver i find travels very well into headwind. Still i think the R1 driver rules on any course.

Tried the L96, and in moderate winds BPB B9 was thinking it lost something in a head wind, and so thinking into a stronger one would be worse.  Interesting you say not so really, and so I  may try it more.  Round Beth I was generally getting farther down especially with any down slope / tail wind (reasons obvious).  Kind of veering with you in that I feel the R1 remains the best all round weapon though.

geraldlarousse:
    Now the new BB 3 wood. Wow the distance is quite amazing from the fairway. Also i don't find it any less forgiving than the R11s. Very good club.

+1.  Perhaps even the way the animation seems to show the shaft flexing even adds to it somehow lol.  Seems to clip off the tee / fway beautifully. Credit where it is due another excellent product.

RSS