Help › Forums

meter speed?

rated by 0 users
Wed, Mar 29 2017 7:27 PM (27 replies)
  • Pscycolops
    11 Posts
    Sun, Mar 16 2014 5:04 PM

Stupid question...

Meter speed on my clubs are 4, if I buy clubs that have a meter speed 2.5, does that make the meter faster, or slower?

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Sun, Mar 16 2014 5:34 PM

Faster!

"The more the better" in the new numbers' system.

• ApexPC
    3,164 Posts
    Mon, Mar 17 2014 9:53 AM

4 is a slower club meter speed than 2.5 is.

• Pscycolops
    11 Posts
    Wed, Mar 19 2014 11:19 AM

Sure wish I had known this before I bought the iron set with a 2.5 meter speed.

Damn things are near useless.

• ScottHope
    10,094 Posts
    Wed, Mar 19 2014 2:24 PM

Pscycolops, if you were genuinely confused by the new meter speed ratings then it might be worth getting in touch with support to ask if you might be able to exchange them. I don't know if they do this as a rule but there is no harm in asking.

• Pscycolops
    11 Posts
    Sun, Mar 23 2014 12:40 PM

Too late, I sold them, and I'm trying to save now for a better set with slower meter speed.

• autoswing
    172 Posts
    Sat, Apr 5 2014 9:44 AM

of course, you mean a higher meter speed score ..  :-) ..

really with most things in life faster means a higher value ....  so a speed of 0 would be slower ( i.e. stopped !) and anything higher is correspondingly faster...  surely .... you'd think....

Just commented here because I was about to buy some Nike 20XI-X which have a meter speed of 3 compared with the 20XI-X RZN which have a meter speed of 3.5 yet the RZN's are 100 credits more  - I was confused but now I realise that you are paying 100 credits extra for the slower meter speed.  Now that I know they are slower it makes sense as to why they are more expensive...

Just to be clear then  a Meter speed of 5.0  is slower than a meter speed of 1.0

The Meter speed rating IS backwards - I just wonder how many other people have made this mistake...

• Chinajohn
    1,190 Posts
    Sat, Apr 5 2014 9:16 PM

autoswing:

of course, you mean a higher meter speed score ..  :-) ..

really with most things in life faster means a higher value ....  so a speed of 0 would be slower ( i.e. stopped !) and anything higher is correspondingly faster...  surely .... you'd think....

Just commented here because I was about to buy some Nike 20XI-X which have a meter speed of 3 compared with the 20XI-X RZN which have a meter speed of 3.5 yet the RZN's are 100 credits more  - I was confused but now I realise that you are paying 100 credits extra for the slower meter speed.  Now that I know they are slower it makes sense as to why they are more expensive...

Just to be clear then  a Meter speed of 5.0  is slower than a meter speed of 1.0

The Meter speed rating IS backwards - I just wonder how many other people have made this mistake...

If you think about it, it absolutely has to be the way it is. At the moment the slowest you can get is 5.0 but in theory at least, WGT can introduce even slower equipment at 5.1 or even 6. However if the slowest was 0 then they cannot introduce anything slower, without going into negative numbers.

• ScottHope
    10,094 Posts
    Sun, Apr 6 2014 1:15 AM

It's okay for us John to say it has to be the way it is, but try to look at it from a complete beginners point of view. Looking at the attributes of the equipment you immediately catch on to the fact if a club has a higher number for forgiveness it will be more forgiving, or a higher number for precision it will be more precise, and so you cannot forgive newcomers for thinking that if a club has a higher number for meter speed then it will have a faster meter.

I have already shown in another thread that people have bought clubs under the misapprehension that a lower meter speed number meant a slower meter.

• alberich35
    858 Posts
    Sun, Apr 6 2014 1:29 AM

Euh no, higher number for meter is slower meter.

RSS