Forums

Help › Forums

Kat's Calculators - Version 2.0 Beta is now available.

Sun, Dec 26 2021 2:36 PM (300 replies)
  • borntobesting
    9,628 Posts
    Thu, Apr 19 2018 10:55 AM

The link to her calculator is on her profile page in her blogs. Just click on her name below and the link will take you to her profile page. 

• jv231
    6 Posts
    Fri, Apr 20 2018 8:59 AM

how does someone get an invite to try out your calculator. would love to try it out to improve my game

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Fri, Apr 20 2018 9:06 AM

Click the link in bold (DaddysKat) and look in her blog.

There is a link there. Here is a direct link, Download all

Kat's Putting and Shot Calculator

• darklord828
    59 Posts
    Sat, Apr 21 2018 8:59 AM
    i would love to try it thanks.
  • LeoLawrence
    4 Posts
    Thu, Jul 12 2018 2:30 PM

I have downloaded the program. I still am not sure how to use it. could you possibly explain it to me? I did the setup routine, put in my clubs... not sure how to aim using the calculator. Please help.

• 11BC2
    555 Posts
    Sat, Jul 14 2018 2:29 AM

Kat's is very picky and will take a lot of time and tweaking to get "close".  You'll still have to make on the fly factors in Mid to High winds.  There's no way to prevent this because Kat's doesn't scale properly nor is there any mechanism to fix it.

Having said that set the following to get you started:

• elevation -  3 feet elevation change.
    • winds - Tweak all wind calculations by 100 percent.
    • headwind - Add 57 percent of headwind power.
    • tailwind - Subtract 39 percent of tailwind power.
    • crosswind - Move the flag (left or right from the pin) .5 feet per MPH of crosswind (by using a decimal point .5 you save your self the hassle of dividing the feet into yards).  I personally use .575 to .62 depending on which ball I'm using but .5 should be a decent starting point.  Typically you'll find yourself adding more wind aim on smaller shots and subtracting some wind on longer shots (once you get past 12mph windish;  same will hold true on longer head wind shots too), because again, Kat's doesn't scale well.

Disregard Iron precision rating, iron spin rating, ball distance rating, and ball spin rating.  None of these features work.  Of course, do fill in the appropriate mappings for your club/ball combo in the club and distance boxes (on the fly yardage;  don't add in roll-out value [do that in your head]).

• LeoLawrence
    4 Posts
    Sun, Jul 15 2018 4:13 PM

by any chance can you tell me how to make the clockface and the shot ruler show up in game? mine is there but it is just blank.

• LeoLawrence
    4 Posts
    Sun, Jul 15 2018 4:13 PM

by any chance can you tell me how to make the clockface and the shot ruler show up in game? mine is there but it is just blank.

• 11BC2
    555 Posts
    Sun, Jul 15 2018 8:27 PM

Go to this link and download any overlay you'd like to use.  https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B8zXgJL4jcQeaEI1NHBRc2N4c1E

From here go to optional overlays tab in Kats and you'll see 3 yellow download icons in the top left.  Browse to your saved overlays and insert anything you'd like to use.  On the elevation, wind, misc tab (1st tab) in Kats you can simply scroll down to the very bottom > Miscellaneous > and check Use Clockface.  You shouldn't need any download for that.

If you're looking for a more precise % ruler for shots (although using the Letters on Shot Pal Wgt swing meter should be sufficient) try http://labs.revota.com/swingmate/

• LeoLawrence
    4 Posts
    Wed, Aug 1 2018 4:32 PM

For some reason, my overlays don't show up. just blank boxes. My icons in the overlay's tab are not yellow, and when I insert the png file no image appears. help?

RSS