this isn't Burger King

rated by 0 users
Wed, Sep 15 2010 6:38 AM (23 replies)
  • bartjones
    72 Posts
    Tue, Sep 14 2010 7:16 PM

stencil:
    I love the changes. Just my 2 cents.

I would too if I were in your tier. Sadly I'm not. I'm in the tier that got thrown under the bus for the sake of making the game more appealing for the guys in your tier.

• bartjones
    72 Posts
    Tue, Sep 14 2010 7:26 PM

srellim234:
    Recent changes and lack of response indicate to me that WGT is attempting to drive down it's numbers because it cannot handle the amount of business it currently has.

I think you're probably right on this. And in deciding which part of the customer base they could most afford to lose, the upper echelon players were the ones it made sense to be the least concerned with. Let's face it, most of those guys have already spent their money on the best clubs, and, in a lot of cases, are playing the game exclusively on someone else's dime.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Tue, Sep 14 2010 8:18 PM

What's most interesting is that WGT is going to fix this mess, but they don't even know it yet...it's a good laugh

• birdwell
    561 Posts
    Tue, Sep 14 2010 8:26 PM

bartjones:
    Let's face it, most of those guys have already spent their money on the best clubs, and, in a lot of cases, are playing the game exclusively on someone else's dime.

Exactly.

(and if they were down to only a few hundred credits like I always am they'd be even more livid! but hey if my "stack" wasn't always in jeopardy, those MPC's wouldn't be half as fun)

And um yeah, could you buy me a cheeseburger? Spent my lunch money on some balls.

• SHOOTTOTHRILL
    12 Posts
    Tue, Sep 14 2010 8:30 PM

I have been playing WGT off and on since January 2008. I have been playing quite a bit more often within the last year(300 ranked rounds, 200 MPC games). I am dealing with the recent changes as best i can. It's true, the game is not as fun anymore. I have great equiptment, thats not the problem because i purchased it some time ago. The problem is the inconcistancies with the shots, greens(tournament), meter ect.....The biggest thing for me, that may lead to me not playing anymore is that i can't get many MPC games anymore with Legend's. There is NO WAY i'm going to play a MPC with a Tour Master under the current format, and i can sit here for an hour waiting for a game with a Legend. I enjoy the MPC format and the extra excitment it add''s to the game for me. I'm hoping WGT does something soon to fix the current state of this game which i look forward to playing every chance i get. I'm done venting now, thanks for listening.

• Todibus
    105 Posts
    Tue, Sep 14 2010 8:32 PM

I agree with you bartjones, it's a lot of the Legends that are unhappy.  Almost all of the people in tiers other than Legends that I've talked with are just fine with the changes.

Why WGT was willing to antagonize those placed in the Legends tier is up for debate, but I bet the vast majority of people playing WGT aren't going to quit over the recent changes.

• sayo
    56 Posts
    Tue, Sep 14 2010 8:37 PM

funny thing im starting to think the legends thru themselfs under the bus...

• bartjones
    72 Posts
    Wed, Sep 15 2010 2:42 AM

Todibus:

I agree with you bartjones, it's a lot of the Legends that are unhappy.  Almost all of the people in tiers other than Legends that I've talked with are just fine with the changes.

Why WGT was willing to antagonize those placed in the Legends tier is up for debate, but I bet the vast majority of people playing WGT aren't going to quit over the recent changes.

Personally I don't think players in most of the other tiers have much to complain about. They're playing tougher courses but they were also given access to equipment that will allow them to adequately deal with the more difficult conditions. Folks in the Legends tier weren't extended that courtesy.

Legends may not quit in droves today, but remember that it's a tier that's only going to get bigger. Some of those who aren't concerned with the plight of Legends today, may change their tune very quickly when they eventually get bumped up and find themselves being asked to play courses a thousand yards longer with the same equipment they were using from the master's tees.

• PorkyWalrus
    607 Posts
    Wed, Sep 15 2010 3:19 AM

Yes, for us tour pros, it ain't too bad. I have no problem with the changes, but yet understand the complaints of those in the higher tiers.I have played on tourney greens before, no fun. I myself would like to see things go back to where they were. The changes make it more tempting to sandbag, as it sounds like one's game would go to pot to advance to the higher levels. But I don't sandbag, just can't get over that hurdle.

• funger50
    41 Posts
    Wed, Sep 15 2010 3:36 AM

I would love it too

if I would be  anything else than a legend

funger50

RSS