Help › Forums

A possible solution for WGT.

rated by 0 users
Fri, Nov 19 2010 6:15 AM (17 replies)
  • PAGES
  • PeterHopper
    1,315 Posts
    Fri, Sep 10 2010 11:17 PM

One of the biggest areas of disquiet is that all players will have access to the best clubs once they have played enough rounds. This has raised the issue of people keeping the scores fairly high so they can use great clubs off lower ranked tees.

This is without doubt - not on.

I would suggest that there is a caveat warning issued at least with DRIVERS. If you are going to upgrade to a top end driver then you automatically move back to the appropriate tee box for that driver. Regardless of what level you are.

So, a Pro buying a master driver that goes 275 now has to play off the master tee if he choses to play with that driver.

What do people think?

• danohi50
    1,020 Posts
    Fri, Sep 10 2010 11:38 PM

Good simple solution

• JAYPTN
    13 Posts
    Sat, Sep 11 2010 11:38 AM

I'm cool with that but there also needs to be a way to "force" masters and tour masters to the legend tier as well as it relates to equipment. Maybe the "level" system will do that?  I can tell you from experience (pre-assigned) that hitting from the black tees is a flat out beaatch.  Very reminiscent of how going from pro to master used to be.  If a master or tour master takes on a legend with the same equipment it is more than an advantage for the master/tour master, it's a lopsided advantage.  I can see a number of people intentionally trying not to advance to the legend tier at this point.  I hate to complicate things, but I don't think they are going to bust me back to master/tour master so I'm stating my case.

• Bluenose12
    2,101 Posts
    Sat, Sep 11 2010 12:02 PM

JAYPTN:

I'm cool with that but there also needs to be a way to "force" masters and tour masters to the legend tier as well as it relates to equipment. Maybe the "level" system will do that?  I can tell you from experience (pre-assigned) that hitting from the black tees is a flat out beaatch.  Very reminiscent of how going from pro to master used to be.  If a master or tour master takes on a legend with the same equipment it is more than an advantage for the master/tour master, it's a lopsided advantage.  I can see a number of people intentionally trying not to advance to the legend tier at this point.  I hate to complicate things, but I don't think they are going to bust me back to master/tour master so I'm stating my case.

I agree,I am a Tour Master and I feel like I have an unfair advantage when I play a Legend,even though I usually get my butt kicked lol.

I feel that too many people in the Legend tier should really be in the Tour Master tier,I think the qualifying line for Legend was too high when they changed.For me legend means best of the best,I therefore think that the av. score to become legend should have been 59 and below.

• oneputtdavid
    1,337 Posts
    Sat, Sep 11 2010 12:18 PM

May I add, that in match play the tee location is predetermined before the match.

Example....on certain courses which we play, my son who is a 2 handicap, I a 12. To even out without giving strokes,in match play, he drives from the tips, I choose either the whites or blues (I don't wear a skirt, can't use the reds..lol) His avg drive 285-290, mine 230-250.  Although he scores better than I, holes won for the round are usually 1-2 either way.

Case in point; we use basically the same types of equipment, but our skill levels are far apart. A  highly skilled "Legend" tiered player should be able to win most matches against a lessor skilled player regardless of tee locations.

Is it fair I a master tiered player should tee off at the tips w/the more skilled players?

Come on you legend players quit sniffling and play your best against lessor skilled players.

Remember the old saying, "You drive for show, but putt for dough"

• BirdieButton
    164 Posts
    Sat, Sep 11 2010 12:23 PM

agree bluenose,  i think to,  one cannot be a legend until one has actually WON some tournaments,  not 2nd or 3rd but 1st place finishes, a number of them.

Just because I could shoot 29 on  st.A's front nine does not make me a legend.

I am a legend in many different ways,  WGT   does not qualify,  And I am OK with that!

:)

• TarheelsRule
    5,482 Posts
    Sat, Sep 11 2010 12:31 PM

I agree with you as one of the players who was moved into the Legends tier, I felt that I was now in a place where I could not compete at all.  I can't play ready gos but rarely make the top 10 in any of tourneys.  I am good enough to qualify for both Opens but my average has spiked from 62 (and that was a real average playing all different courses and rarely quitting) to now around 68.  The Legend putting is too difficult, a 4 or 5 foot birdie putt can now become a three putt if you try to hit it firm and take the break out of it.  A 10 foot downhill birdie putt with break can't be played out far enough to hold it's line unless you hit it firm and risk going 10 foot by.  The new tees are nice, I like the challenge but the putting isn't fair at all.

• jcs89
    172 Posts
    Sat, Sep 11 2010 12:33 PM

oneputtdavid...

You just brought up a very important and significant fact that discredits your position. 

You said, and i quote...."his avg drive 285-290, mine 230-250". That is real life, but in this game, everyone has the ability to drive the same distance.  If a pro on the game could only drive 230-250 and a legend 285-290, no one would have any problem with the changes.  The way it is now, nonlegends can tee off 50 or more yards closer and still hit the ball the same distance as legend which results in a significant advantage.  I bet your son would think differently about letting you tee off from the whites or blues if you could drive the ball as far as he can. 

Your statements reflect real life.....I believe wgt should aim towards that in this simulation.

• griffygriff
    597 Posts
    Sat, Sep 11 2010 12:43 PM

I am a L30 tour master with about 200 more playing points to go before i move up to L31. It blows my mind there's a chance i might be bumped up to Legend. So lately i've been playing in pratice mode to avoid such happenings, which sucks because i've made 2 eagles that have gone unrecorded . How backwards has this game become?

WE have players flying up the tiers in a few days and others avoiding moving up at all costs, we have great players unable to get the approprate equipment and crap players with access to equipment they can't  even use.

i am sure given time things will straighten out, but right now its a mess.

• griffygriff
    597 Posts
    Sat, Sep 11 2010 12:51 PM

I think my points just went up for writing the post above, in whice case its just about to go up again, for this post wtf lol

• PAGES
RSS