Forums

Help › Forums

WGT Nation Membership Are they worth it??

rated by 0 users
Thu, Aug 27 2020 10:06 PM (13 replies)
  • PAGES
  • WIGCON
    85 Posts
    Thu, Feb 13 2014 4:33 PM

Hello All.

I have just received an invite to join WGT Nation. Before accepting, I decided to have a look through the forums about WGT Nation and what are the benefits once joined.

To my surprise, most of the forums regarding WGT Nation, seem a little negative.

I would like to know what are the positives, If any??

Once becoming a member of WGT Nation, are we able to communicate with other players with out beginning a game? As this is a major problem, trying to keep contact with friends with out utilizing a 3rd party program!

There must be some benefit, otherwise there would be no members!

What are the benefits for me if I join?????? I am not going to join if it is only a couple of fee balls!!!!!

Do the balls fly the correct distances, do putts come up short, is the 4mph wind really 14mph, After hitting a 175y iron, will it land in the bunker that is only 150y away, will the green elevation correct?

EG. Teeing off on a 160y to pin, elevation down 10 yards = 150 yard shot, but it falls short by 20y, this makes me think the elevation is really up not down. Then the opposite happens on another hole, 150 to green, up 10y, hit a 160 iron and it fly's 20 y over. SEE THE PROB HERE!

All in all, are these problems overcome in WGT Nation.

After reading the forums, is there any real point or benefit in joining WGT Nation???

Help

• ApexPC
    3,164 Posts
    Thu, Feb 13 2014 5:56 PM

WGT Nation membership is FREE, so I'd say it's worth it.

• kirla
    73 Posts
    Thu, Feb 13 2014 6:17 PM

Not really worth it, Was a few games for WGT members only, but haven't seen any in a long time. 

• lonniescott711
    4,182 Posts
    Thu, Feb 13 2014 6:34 PM

No you dont get better game play , when you join . In fact , other than the flag , you really dont get anything . WGT has made promises which they dont keep . A few tourneys , every once in awhile , but nothing else . So if you join , like I said , you get the flag . Then you will continue to get the shaft , just like everyone else . :-(

• Tiberius12
    253 Posts
    Thu, Feb 13 2014 9:39 PM

I think the best thing about being a WGT Nation Member is the premium parking space we get at the Country Club, and the personalized valet service. 

• aussieguyadam
    602 Posts
    Thu, Feb 13 2014 9:56 PM

How do you exit from being a wgt nation member?

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Thu, Feb 13 2014 10:00 PM

I have bagged Nation in the past, but it costs nothing to accept and join. The downside is it also brings very few rewards apart from the odd Nation Tournament.

I was a member and had my membership revoked by request about a year ago. Sadly no real improvements but I suppose if it costs nothing, you have nothing to lose.

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Fri, Feb 14 2014 8:31 AM

At present,  being in WGT Nation gives you a wee yellow flag and not much else.

I do believe however, that when the impending Zombie Apocalypse hits us, the WGT Nation will form the leadership of the resistance movement. Semper Vigilo...

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Fri, Feb 14 2014 8:46 AM

free to join, and you get a sleeve of balls so it is worth that and not much more...

I would say your clubs have more to do with your distance problems than anything else...lvl 14 wedges and 36 irons are not very accurate much less with a lvl 70 nike ball...

• PAGES
RSS