Forums

Help › Forums

Glitchy shot meter

Mon, Sep 13 2010 10:18 AM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Anonof
    1 Posts
    Thu, Sep 9 2010 10:17 PM

How many times have you hit a bad shot just because the shot meter jumped or paused on your for a couple milliseconds? Is there anyway to fix this problem? My internet is plenty fast and so is my computer how come the shot meter is still glitchy? Even in solo play

• BEARlyThere
    88 Posts
    Fri, Sep 10 2010 9:48 AM

Anonof:
    How many times have you hit a bad shot just because the shot meter jumped or paused on your for a couple milliseconds?

Hundreds.

Anonof:
    Is there anyway to fix this problem?

No. There are tons of suggestions that might make the meter a little less jerky but as far as I can tell, nothing actually "fixes" the problem 100%. And, to date, nobody has been able to point me to any official WGT information that acknowledges it as a widespread problem or that they are working on a solution.

Anonof:
    My internet is plenty fast and so is my computer how come the shot meter is still glitchy? Even in solo play

Same for me.

• blackbeard
    288 Posts
    Fri, Sep 10 2010 9:54 AM

Meter is the single biggest problem on WGT. One just has to suck it up, and keep positive that on that one day when everything is perfect your score will be lights out fantastic.

Sadly, I'm still waiting for that one day :(

• Feendish
    159 Posts
    Fri, Sep 10 2010 10:40 AM

I have tried everything to improve the glitchy meter...and you guessed it...nothing works. So when wgt say's the problem is on our end...I call B.S  These legends that shoot scores of 55,56,57... @BPB.....not sure how, but I'm assuming there meter is bang on everytime (what's the secret guys ?) Even with a perfect meter...there is no way in hell i would ding my meter that often. And being a legend..you need to hit the dinger very often or be making 20-30ft putts on a regular basis. But i guess if i knew the ways to fix a glitchy meter...would i tell other players ?

Have a feeling some players out there are having a good chuckle at these meter issue threads...

peace out. 

• BallJar
    6 Posts
    Fri, Sep 10 2010 5:11 PM

Before going online to play, try running a register cleaner and run disk clean up.  Go to your task manager and turn off programs running in the back ground that you don't need.  ccleaner is a great registry cleaner and its free.  Just search ccleaner to get it.  Download from periform or hippo, both trusted sites.    You should clean your register once a week anyway.  

• Pangaea
    242 Posts
    Fri, Sep 10 2010 5:15 PM

Before firing up the game, remember to re-install windows. Only install drivers and software you absolutely need, like Firefox and Flash. Oh, and remember to play the game in a 50x50 pixel window. Preferably you should also have a computer NASA would drewl over. Then you may be able to play stutter free.

[End sarcasm mode]

• BEARlyThere
    88 Posts
    Fri, Sep 10 2010 6:16 PM

Pangaea:

Before firing up the game, remember to re-install windows. Only install drivers and software you absolutely need, like Firefox and Flash. Oh, and remember to play the game in a 50x50 pixel window. Preferably you should also have a computer NASA would drewl over. Then you may be able to play stutter free.

[End sarcasm mode]

lmao...I know you were being sarcastic Pangaea but I did all this on Sunday (except the NASA part...lol) and it didn't help one little bit! :-D

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Fri, Sep 10 2010 6:30 PM

Pangaea:
    Preferably you should also have a computer NASA would drewl over. Then you may be able to play stutter free.

I have a Acer, AMD 3800+, single core computer with Windows 7, and the game plays flawlessly for me.

Read this post Anonof and see if your swing meter doesn't improve.

• Pangaea
    242 Posts
    Sat, Sep 11 2010 8:52 AM

BEARlyThere:
    lmao...I know you were being sarcastic Pangaea but I did all this on Sunday (except the NASA part...lol) and it didn't help one little bit! :-D

That's your problem then. You need a NASA-style computer. Preferably one they need special funding for. LMAO

I've done just about anything I can think of to improve the meter. Some days it's quite good, others a complete nightmare. The simple truth is this is not a client-side problem. Most likely it's in the Flash technology itself.

• BEARlyThere
    88 Posts
    Sat, Sep 11 2010 1:21 PM

Pangaea:
    The simple truth is this is not a client-side problem. Most likely it's in the Flash technology itself.

That's what it turned out to be for me Pangaea. andyson pointed me to a work-around he posted back in August.

It pointed out issues between Flash and multi-core and/or hyper threading CPU's. I changed my browser affinity to single core and my meter is smooth as silk now after quite a few games.

If that sounds like something that work for you, check it out HERE.

• PAGES
RSS