Forums

Help › Forums

AFTER A FEW DAYS

rated by 0 users
Sat, Sep 4 2010 12:33 PM (8 replies)
  • jasondement
    322 Posts
    Sat, Sep 4 2010 8:38 AM

Well its had a few days to sink in and now I love the changes. It seems it does kinda level things out and reminds me of when we only had starter equipment. Making approaches from 190 yards and par 3's only being reachable with 3 woods and hybrids. After a few weeks I'm sure the scores will begin to come down for most players. The game has become challenging again and is a lot of fun to have to really work hard for a decent score. Even the ready goes seem to be easier to get in the money. Some of the field are still shooting ridiculous rounds but not near as many and it makes it easier for a -2 or -3 to actually come out a buck or 2 ahead at the end of the tournament. Although the withdraws seem to have skyrocketed in the ready goes that previously only had 5 or 6 drop out not has doubled. If your having trouble now just hang in there and sooner or later it will all fall in place. Nice work WGT you have at least pleased one player and I think many others will come around to the changes very soon. gl out there peeps. Jason

• Sargenjd01
    366 Posts
    Sat, Sep 4 2010 8:59 AM

I agree Jason.............now when are us legends going to see a 300+ driver...........You know you guys have it, giveeeeeeeeee it up........

• drewsterinone
    190 Posts
    Sat, Sep 4 2010 9:16 AM

me too i love it as well, and meter issues have gotten better, dispite my one issue, in a round, but hey all is better

• TheZiggy
    550 Posts
    Sat, Sep 4 2010 10:16 AM

Now that the dust has settled a bit, it does seem to have levelled things up quite a lot. I'm pleased that the meter now seems to be behaving much more consistently meaning I've been able to get my R9 SuperTri Master driver back out.

Haven't quite got my consistency back yet, but really happy with the 31 I just shot on the St Andews front 9 RG, with 2 putts lipping out as well. Admittedly the wind was only moderate, but that was causing me its own problems, because I kept over compensating for the wind. lol. Thankfully my putting on tournament greens is good :)

• ThreeSpot
    476 Posts
    Sat, Sep 4 2010 11:59 AM

I couldn't be happier with the update. I love the longer tees and faster greens. I can't play in the monthly CTTH, but I assume that will get fixed at some point. I was classified Tour Master, and after looking around a bit I saw many players with stats similar to mine who became Legends - the differences seem to be start date and ranked rounds played. I was a little unhappy until it occurred to me, "Wow, I'm probably one of the top Tour Masters. Sweet!" I might have a shot at some top 10 finishes in the weekly/monthly comps - and I still have the challenge of trying to become a Legend. I'm a little concerned about how long it might take me to unlock any new equipment that becomes available, but I'll worry about that when it happens.

• jaderoks
    571 Posts
    Sat, Sep 4 2010 12:33 PM

Love the changes and lovre the game. My only problem is my own inconsistencies. Shooting a 30 then a 37 on the same tourney makes an unhappy camper...lol

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Sat, Sep 4 2010 1:37 PM

Sargenjd01:
    now when are us legends going to see a 300+ driver...........You know you guys have it, giveeeeeeeeee it up.....

You have a lot of levels to go until you see that driver. I'm thinking most Tour Master and Legend tier members will be at level 80 in 1.5 to 3.0 months.

Level points just don't come fast enough. The Tour Master tier members are getting roughly 100+ level points for each completed 9 hole rounds in multi-player and single player rounds. Each 18 hole round yields right at 200+ points. There's 1515 points between each level.

I read this WGT news article and it says we can get a small bonus in level points for every $5 bill we deposit in our account for credits, how much exactly is this small bonus?

• Crazyman2
    731 Posts
    Sat, Sep 4 2010 1:55 PM

Well for  $35 cash  deposited  I managed to accrue the grand "small" increase of  approx  ZERO whole level points!   Generous eh?    That that is what i call "small"   lol   - so simple math 7 x $5 = 35    $5  = zero ,        7 x zero  = zilch

By the way  if  they do decide to issue a "small" amount  I hope they have a charity box  so they can direct them there.  I have NO INTEREST AT ALL in level points  whatsoever.   Crackpot scheme, Crackpot idea,  So please keep them

• borntobesting
    9,625 Posts
    Sat, Sep 4 2010 1:55 PM

Richard4168:

Sargenjd01:
    now when are us legends going to see a 300+ driver...........You know you guys have it, giveeeeeeeeee it up.....

You have a lot of levels to go until you see that driver. I'm thinking most Tour Master and Legend tier members will be at level 80 in 1.5 to 3.0 months.

Level points just don't come fast enough. The Tour Master tier members are getting roughly 100+ level points for each completed 9 hole rounds in multi-player and single player rounds. Each 18 hole round yields right at 200+ points. There's 1515 points between each level.

I read this WGT news article and it says we can get a small bonus in level points for every $5 bill we deposit in our account for credits, how much exactly is this small bonus?

Richard read it again. It says a small bonus for anyone depositing $5 or more not for every $5. And it reads to me like it is a one time thing.

RSS