Forums

Help › Forums

New equipment is confusing

rated by 0 users
Mon, Sep 6 2010 10:39 AM (7 replies)
  • Joeyola
    1,210 Posts
    Fri, Sep 3 2010 11:58 AM

Can someone explain this...I have the R9 TP Master 8.5 Driver.  There is an new one available, the R9 TP 8.5 Driver, that requires a 77 level to buy.  Near as I can tell, both have the same characteristics...soooo, what is it about the new driver that makes it twice as expensive.  I noticed the same thing for many of the other drivers as well.  What am I missing?

Joey

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Sep 3 2010 12:25 PM

WGT weighed in on this, Joey. They said the locked ones were tweaked to be easier to hit. Supposedly it involved the meter.

http://wgt.com/forums/t/21296.aspx

• Mem11
    199 Posts
    Fri, Sep 3 2010 1:35 PM

Interesting YJ, if you go to the pro shop both clubs show the exact same meter speed... Maybe the ding line is being increased.

I hope if I ever I reach that mythical 87th level, my Super Tri will upgrade to the newly enhanced meter.  They can't expect us to purchase the same club again for the tweaked meter, can they ;-)

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Sep 3 2010 2:14 PM

LMAO Mem-After this last update I'll believe anything.  :-D

• Joeyola
    1,210 Posts
    Fri, Sep 3 2010 6:00 PM

YankeeJim:
    WGT weighed in on this, Joey. They said the locked ones were tweaked to be easier to hit. Supposedly it involved the meter.

Thanks Jim...I missed that thread.  But still, not sure how anyone can logically make the change when the pro shop stat sheets are exactly the same.  Must we take it on faith, and a smaller wallet, that more expensive clubs mean they are better.  Since I am still at level 30 it will be a while, but I might keep my Master 8.5...at least until there is a clear reason to switch. 

WGT, are you paying attention???

Joey

• RampantFrenzy
    106 Posts
    Sat, Sep 4 2010 9:16 AM

nobody is going to be buying any of those new clubs until quite some time after the re-release of the old clubs sale is over..

It wont matter 3 or 4 months from now when the first people start leveling up to the point that they can buy clubs that could be considered an improvement over what they have now

• Joeyola
    1,210 Posts
    Sat, Sep 4 2010 12:03 PM

I get what you're saying RF, and lets assume the "sale" drivers are gone soon...what I'm saying is the new drivers don't seem to be an improvement, at least not on paper anyway (check the stats on each one against the new locked drivers they appear to replace), so why wait to upgrade when the "sale" drivers are cheaper and available now.

Joey    

• RampantFrenzy
    106 Posts
    Mon, Sep 6 2010 10:39 AM

Joeyola:

I get what you're saying RF, and lets assume the "sale" drivers are gone soon...what I'm saying is the new drivers don't seem to be an improvement, at least not on paper anyway (check the stats on each one against the new locked drivers they appear to replace), so why wait to upgrade when the "sale" drivers are cheaper and available now.

Joey    

yea.. they duplicated most of the old Pro and Master clubs into the new format.. thats all

and then they put the old ones back for a limited time so people who took the bump in tier due to the new system could get a club if they need one and WGT doesnt have to modify the rest of the Pro Shop to make it possible..

its easier to add those back and then remove after the sale than it probably is to unlock the new versions and modify all the levels for a couple of days and then put it all back..

they are the same clubs.. somewhere someone said the meters might be a little easier on the new versions.. I dunno about that but.. my understanding is they just changed the names, prices and requirement to buy

so in the end your right...

except for the possibility that the meter might be a little easier.. they are the same.. if your on the cusp or already pro/master or just turned pro/master naturally after the change.. buying the old tier named one before they are gone is probably a good move at such a cheap price

RSS