Forums

Help › Forums

Driver's

Fri, Sep 10 2010 7:39 AM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • swdeva
    238 Posts
    Fri, Sep 3 2010 6:10 AM

What is the difference between the R9 TP 8.5 Driver (L77+) and the R9 TP 8.5 Master Driver(L0+) other than price a levels, the stats for both Drivers are the same. It seems to me that the Driver that cost more and at a higher level would be better than the one that cost less and at lower level. Maybe am missing something.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Sep 3 2010 6:24 AM

It looks like in the downtime last night they added back the pre-update sale items instead of changing the existing locked ones.

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Fri, Sep 3 2010 7:32 AM

WGTadmin2:
    There will be a mixture of tournaments including some with 7 tiers. Also the equipment list is always growing and improving but it is not set in stone and I do not know if the level equipment will be better than the current clubs in the future.

• WGTadmin2
    1,152 Posts
    Fri, Sep 3 2010 7:59 AM

The equipment that is unlocked by leveling will perform slightly different than the old tier equipment.  Slight tweaks were made to make them easier to hit.

• Pangaea
    242 Posts
    Fri, Sep 3 2010 8:10 AM

WGTadmin2:

The equipment that is unlocked by leveling will perform slightly different than the old tier equipment.  Slight tweaks were made to make them easier to hit.

Could you expand on that? What does it mean in practice?

• WGTadmin2
    1,152 Posts
    Fri, Sep 3 2010 8:56 AM

They have adjusted swing meters

• Spacklero
    386 Posts
    Fri, Sep 3 2010 10:05 AM

WGTadmin2:

Have to say im shocked by this - if that aint shameless profiteering I dont know what is!

• Pangaea
    242 Posts
    Fri, Sep 3 2010 11:55 AM

WGTadmin2:

Does that mean the new clubs have a slower swing meter (despite same speed rating as its name-brother) so it is easier to 'ding' them if we buy them after levelling up enough?

• CaptainShank
    26 Posts
    Fri, Sep 3 2010 12:17 PM

WGTadmin2:

PLEASE EXPAND ON THE STATEMENT.  Why hide what adjustments were made?  I would like to know EXACTLY what the changes are so I can decide whether or not to purchase anything.

• PugsAce
    1,825 Posts
    Tue, Sep 7 2010 5:53 AM

WGTadmin2:

Was your post (quoted above) intended as a reply to the OP, or were you replying to Richard's post immediately preceding your reply?

Will (or have) these "tweaks" affect(ed) the existing "level-unlocked equipment" that is currently being offered in the pro shop?

Will similar "newly-tweaked equipment" be readily distinguishable from the existing "tier equipment" some of us have in our bags?

WGTadmin2:

Will these swing meter adjustments result in any other changes being made to those particular pieces of equipment? i.e. distance, flight trajectory, spin, price

thank you,

PugsAce

edit:

p.s. Please reference this thread before replying, to peruse the concerns and possible confusion I and others may have concerning the above statements. thanks

• PAGES
RSS