Forums

Help › Forums

Need some better drivers

rated by 0 users
Wed, Sep 8 2010 9:54 AM (22 replies)
  • ComplexP
    250 Posts
    Fri, Sep 3 2010 12:33 PM

Being put in the Legend tier I am now finding myself 30 yards further back on my approach shots. Any word on 300+ yard drivers being released?

Even if there are it will probably take 6months before I get enough experience points to buy one.

• Spacklero
    386 Posts
    Sat, Sep 4 2010 9:50 AM

Just bought the supertri R9 last week and was initially glad i did. Then I find out that once i level up Ill be able to buy it again but this time for more money and it'll have better performance than the one i've just bought! Not happy about this at all.

I have probably 100 bucks invested into this game and was more than happy with it until this latest update. Seems this "free golf game" is turning into a rather expensive hobby.

The update to the green speeds is just as annoying - tournament speeds equate to me having to relearn my whole putting game. Again...not happy!

By far tho the biggest gripe I have is the way Ive been classed as a legend but now, because of your changes, i cant make a 5 foot putt.

I guess thats what Legend means - was good once but now couldnt hit a barndoor with an elephants ass!!!

Rant over...

• WYLBILL81
    69 Posts
    Sun, Sep 5 2010 10:00 AM

legend... does that mean i just died??? refer to a legend usually means that that some has past on...lol

• overthetop2
    192 Posts
    Mon, Sep 6 2010 4:07 AM

Woah Woah Spacklero... there's no statisical difference between the two versions of the driver, you sure you're facts are right?

Wylbill... No you're fine.  Just watch out for legend killers okay?

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Mon, Sep 6 2010 6:47 AM

overthetop2:

Woah Woah Spacklero... there's no statisical difference between the two versions of the driver, you sure you're facts are right?

LINK

• overthetop2
    192 Posts
    Mon, Sep 6 2010 8:02 AM

Adjusted, they said nothing of an outright improvement...

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Mon, Sep 6 2010 8:43 AM

overthetop2:

True, but it does show there is some difference.....we just don't know what it is.

• PugsAce
    1,825 Posts
    Mon, Sep 6 2010 9:28 AM

Soulcatcher:

overthetop2:

True, but it does show there is some difference.....we just don't know what it is.

I think there may be some "misconstrueing" goin' on here...

I, too remember it being mentioned that (even as far back as the announcement that an update was imminent) it was mentioned that "... some golf equipment will continue to be designed for beginners and other for experts, in terms of factors like swing meter speed and forgiveness."

But I don't believe this means that the existing equipment's performance attributes will change... at least not without a name-change, or some other way of seperating the two similar items.

Just as this was said...    "We are not planning to make changes to any of the golf equipment that players have previously won or purchased. Everything that was in your WGT bag will still be there, with the same name, and perform the same as it did before."    ... I doubt they'd make any changes to the existing equipment being offered in the pro-shop. That would be ludicrous as well as highly inflammatory!

Currently, there are no differences shown between (for example) the two SuperTri offerings in the pro-shop.

Pro shop SuperTri Comparison Image

Image Zoom

Perhaps, what was meant, is that Completely NEW equipment will have different meter speeds, etc... adjusted to the level of the purchaser.

*A WGT mod should clear this up, as a misunderstanding of this magnitude could cause unnecessary uproar.

**sorry bout image links... trying "Jing", but pic insertion isn't clear to me yet.  :/

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Mon, Sep 6 2010 9:32 AM

You are right about the equipment in your bag not changing. But they have said (see previous link) that the new level equipment (of the same name and model) will be different.

• PugsAce
    1,825 Posts
    Mon, Sep 6 2010 9:36 AM

Soulcatcher:

You are right about the equipment in your bag not changing. But they have said (see previous link) that the new level equipment (of the same name and model) will be different.

Nup. Don't see that in the link provided.

RSS