Forums

Help › Forums

Trying

Sun, Aug 26 2018 12:34 AM (617 replies)
  • alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Wed, Dec 25 2013 2:40 PM

And to allay any fears of advocacy..............

;-0

• DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Wed, Dec 25 2013 7:52 PM

Thought about playin' "Back in the Day" ... but thought that tryptophan needed a kick in the backside ... so it's time to jazz it up a bit ...

Edit:  Free sleeve of golf balls to the first person who knows the name of the tenor sax player!

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Wed, Dec 25 2013 8:06 PM

Don't give up Andy

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Wed, Dec 25 2013 9:34 PM

DaddysKat:

Thought about playin' "Back in the Day" ... but thought that tryptophan needed a kick in the backside ... so it's time to jazz it up a bit ...

Bad quotation, so Alcaucin --->  I only had 2 slices.....thankful it wasn't pork or I'd still be blaming l - tryptophan for my inability to move !

Sssh, I can really, but there's washing up to be done :-)

Edit:  Free sleeve of golf balls to the first person who knows the name of the tenor sax player!

DaddysKat:

Easy one...Dave Koz or Eric Darius, they chop and change each track as lead Tenor sax

Andy

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Wed, Dec 25 2013 9:43 PM

The 1st few notes on that ^^^^^^ track always triggers my memory for this one....weirdly

Go Huggy Bear / Antonio Fargas

( you might be slightly too YOUNG  / not ol' enough to be on that one )

Can the word 'young' ever be used in a derogatory manner  ?

Not that I was trying to be  DK  :))

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Wed, Dec 25 2013 10:08 PM

alanti:
    Don't give up Andy

Never Alan...die trying :-))

Not a woman you'd want to deal with daily but....kin talented with a vision !

• DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Wed, Dec 25 2013 10:36 PM

alcaucin:
    Easy one...Dave Koz or Eric Darius, they chop and change each track as lead Tenor sax

Very impressive, Andy ... don't run into too many "stuck in the 70's/80's" that have any feel for some great Jazz!  Hats off to you.  I only saw a couple of clips of Eric Darius ... hangin' out in the back.

Oh .... Grrrrrr!  Just read your "too young" comment ... but you're right ... I came along a dozen boyfriends and years later!

Sleeve is on the way, Andy!  (and I applaud you for being able to exit the "big hair" days (an adjective usually not used to describe hair). ;-D

Kat ♥

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Thu, Dec 26 2013 2:31 AM

DaddysKat:
    Very impressive, Andy ... don't run into too many "stuck in the 70's/80's" that have any feel for some great Jazz!  Hats off to you

Like to think I'll never be stuck in any decade...a wandering eclectic albatross where music is concerned, never needing to land anywhere just enjoying the view 

Thanks for the sleeve DK, that's two I've been sent today.....

It is starting to feel like errm......................aah Christmas ! :-)

Andy

• overtheedge
    5,878 Posts
    Mon, Dec 30 2013 5:57 AM

alcaucin:

Boy,,,,this brings back the times when Id ride down to the east side and go to Big Daddys In and Out Car Wash. Man! You cant find em like that anymore.

You'd step out of your car. Walk over and pay Big Daddy himself. Walk down a little further and grab a "on the house" Coke or a Pepsi. Walk down a little further get a free car freshener from one of Big Daddys girls (highlight of the whole experience,,lol)  then walk down a bit further, light up a smoke and wait for your freshly washed, dashboard shining, carpets vaced, windows sparkling, lookin and smelling like brand new - your car. It was AWESOME. I miss that. 

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Wed, Jan 1 2014 7:20 PM

Gonna throw down a few more classics...all are in the moment.

( for my delectation only  :)) )

If you have nothing nice to say or a tune to contribute then I suggest your right index finger could be better utilized elsewhere ?

Needed be put on my go to Z lol

RSS