Help › Forums

Trying

Sun, Aug 26 2018 12:34 AM (617 replies)
  • alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Tue, Feb 14 2017 11:37 AM

alcaucin:
    Nice use of the thread Alan.

LOL - I am not always a cold and thoughtless pri*ck :)

Usually but not always.

• PhilEStein
    1,269 Posts
    Tue, Feb 14 2017 1:56 PM

Certainly not cold and thoughtless anyway.

1-1 I believe Al :)

You half a kiwi you!

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Tue, Feb 14 2017 8:19 PM

PhilEStein:
    1-1 I believe Al :)

LOL

PhilEStein:
    You half a kiwi you!

FU Too!

I love the abuse I get as I proudly walk around with a Wallabies jersey on......but hey, we lose the rugby...even lost the ODI's......but I am not swapping it for a black jersey!

• PhilEStein
    1,269 Posts
    Tue, Feb 14 2017 9:30 PM

Yep, can just picture you. Some people just have no shame.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Tue, Feb 14 2017 9:51 PM

Did I give you permission to use my picture Phil?.....2015 RWC Jersey too.

• PhilEStein
    1,269 Posts
    Wed, Feb 15 2017 4:24 AM

Sorry mate. With a fizzog like that I never dreamed there'd be copyright on it. There's more lines on it than there are going into Brisbane Central.

Anyways, more to the point in hand. Which decade do you think you might just beat the AB's? 

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Wed, Feb 15 2017 11:32 AM

In a series? Not in my lifetime! In a game, once every few years.

Sadly the game just fails to compete with other codes - 5 most popular winter sport apparently. The game really is only played in 2 states, yet they have tried to roll it out nationally, weakening all sides.

If you look in NZ, any provincial side probably has more strength than the Wallabies National side.

We just do not have the players coming through, nor the money to keep them. Cheika has done a good job with limited resources......I would say bring back Eddie.....but it is hard to sugar coat the fact that the players are the issue.

The game lost its chance back in the 90's when Rugby League split.....failed to capitalize (and we had a decent side then) and has suffered year on year.

Reminds me of playing with Peter lol - SA are in the same boat,

• PhilEStein
    1,269 Posts
    Wed, Feb 15 2017 1:15 PM

As are just about every other rugby playing nation. NZ is the only country where the actual ethos of the nation is devoted almost entirely to being an AB or at the very least a devout AB supporter. Right from early childhood kids generally are taught the history and the skills of rugby.  Their bank of highly skilled future players is assured for at least the next 20 years and due to this devotion, way beyond that I would say. 

The rest of us will compete for runners-up throughout that time and while no doubt there'll be the odd upset along the way, NZ are set fair to be top dog for many years to come. 

• aichapman
    1,343 Posts
    Wed, Feb 15 2017 9:12 PM

PhilEStein:
    As are just about every other rugby playing nation. NZ is the only country where the actual ethos of the nation is devoted almost entirely to being an AB or at the very least a devout AB supporter

Sadly for this Aussie you are correct.

I was invited to a  county game in Hamilton Nth late 70's where the mud was sucking the players boots off and even the wingers were unrecognizable after 15 minutes.

The game went the full 80 and none of the supporters of either side left the game early, they sure do love their Rugby in the land of the "long white"

Cheers from Al.

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Sat, Apr 14 2018 9:31 AM

Leaving u rugger buggers 'in house'      ;)

:::** whilst I try get a Prince vid up......lawyers off it, unlike 4 yers ago/////..yet

& Scott end URL  T8?

Hmm  ok,  homework time.. ;)

RSS