Players Leaving Game When Loosing

rated by 0 users
Sat, Sep 4 2010 10:22 AM (7 replies)
  • RootsEkoor
    1 Posts
    Wed, Sep 1 2010 2:48 PM

Hello

I'm new on World Golf Tour..

I like to come during the night to play... but unfortunately, i often plays with players who leaves the game before the end, when they are loosing... This is very VERY VVEERRYY frustrating!!!

Is it a way to fight against this?Is there a black list? (i do not give name of the players here, it's not the place...)

Or maybe am i a dreamer??

thanks a lots

RootsEkoor

• mrgadget01
    10 Posts
    Fri, Sep 3 2010 8:37 AM

I, too, get upset when every game you join, someone decides to quit after 1 or 2 bad shots. Worse yet is when it's their turn. I have found that (on the fairway not the tee), if the player quits when it's his turn, the rest of the group cannot continue. All must quit the game. That really sucks when you've got a good game going! Hopefully, this can be corrected, but players that aren't in it for the duration need to not join.

• XXBones
    58 Posts
    Fri, Sep 3 2010 10:12 AM

Seems like an ongoing theme around here. That is totally lame.

I just joined last week and with all the BS here it doesn't seem like a good place to stick around. 

• superchuck
    210 Posts
    Fri, Sep 3 2010 10:39 AM

RootsEkoor:

Hello

I'm new on World Golf Tour..

I like to come during the night to play... but unfortunately, i often plays with players who leaves the game before the end, when they are loosing... This is very VERY VVEERRYY frustrating!!!

Is it a way to fight against this?Is there a black list? (i do not give name of the players here, it's not the place...)

Or maybe am i a dreamer??

thanks a lots

RootsEkoor

I'm with you roots, VERY FRUSTRATING.

I have been playing here for over a year, these things happened some, back at the beginning. But....several months ago WGT started advertising on Facebook. That is when the floodgates opened for the quitters. I believe they are gamers trying to win at all cost,,,,or they pack up their toys and go home, with no regard for the others that are playing. Very immaturish behavior. Please don't give up. Find a few honorable players and then add them to your friends list if they stay till the end. THere are many out here who, like us, despise the quitterman. Feel free to add me to your list, I never quit.(I have lost my internet connection twice). I have, on numerous occasions, been playing a match with some one that has to leave. If they inform me, I will gladly suggest we drop the match, no harm done.  If they just outright quit, I'll take the points....but I will also go to their wall and tell them how I feel about their rudeness. Hang in there and don't leave the site...It is full of very nice helpful people who are likely playing with a friend!

Enjoy the game, enjoy the good goods!

Friend Chuck

• CharlemagneRH
    1,054 Posts
    Fri, Sep 3 2010 10:56 AM

#1 Add people that don't mind playing through a bad round to your friends list.  (I don't know why people quit.  I'd love to have a higher average.)

#2 Practice a lot and start playing for money.  Nobody quits when money is on the line, but they might start yelling at you if you're winning.

• RampantFrenzy
    106 Posts
    Sat, Sep 4 2010 9:26 AM

Cowards and average protectors never really bothered me much before the whole experience points deal started..

I would just go about my business, finish and record my round..

now.. when these guys quit they are costing ME experience points..

• RampantFrenzy
    106 Posts
    Sat, Sep 4 2010 9:30 AM

also just remembered and wanted to throw into the mix..

I cant believe some of these fools actually send friend requests... AS IF!..

yea pal.. I want YOU for a friend...

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Sat, Sep 4 2010 10:22 AM

I had someone quit when I was lining up a short putt to win on the last hole the other day. Just to make me wait 5 minutes to get the victory.

RSS