Forums

Help › Forums

WELL NOW IM TEED OFF

rated by 0 users
Thu, Sep 2 2010 8:35 PM (58 replies)
  • jasondement
    322 Posts
    Wed, Sep 1 2010 7:07 AM

Im not one to complain but...This is in no way what I had in mind when WGT announced the new tiers would be coming out. I have played close to 1700 rounds in my year and a half at WGT and have improved vastly. But in no way am I on the same level as some of the true legends here. BOLLUX AVLEE TBIRD JAKESTANFILL are some of the guys among maybe 30 others that should truly be in the legend tier. To place me in a category with these guys is like putting me on the firing range with them as the executioners. My best average has only been at a 60.3 in my career and now I have to compete with these guys in the same conditions is just not the equalization that I had in mind. I dont usually run from a challenge but the smoke on the road is only my dust running away from the impossible. Maybe WGT should reevaluate what truly defines "LEGEND" cuz I see a lot of names, including mine, that just does not belong in this tier. Tour Master maybe but legend....NO WAY.

• harpua728
    2 Posts
    Wed, Sep 1 2010 7:11 AM
    I'm not a fan of the new system either. It’s also odd that you can now purchase clubs based on your level so there are clubs in my bag that I got to keep during the transition but wouldn’t be able to buy. Seems like they are shafting newcomers .
  • Kaslo
    428 Posts
    Wed, Sep 1 2010 7:14 AM

Yup a real joke to be stuck in the legend tier and no new equipment. Talk about being conned.

• birdwell
    561 Posts
    Wed, Sep 1 2010 7:27 AM

Wow you guys are seriously weak.

STEP UP!

You are teeing off from the same set of tees you always have been. The only real difference is the green speeds, which - if you are worth your salt  - is no big deal.

Jason you are better than that, we both know that....

Kaslo on the other hand......   (just kidding!)

• Kaslo
    428 Posts
    Wed, Sep 1 2010 8:17 AM

Heya be nice!!!! LOL

Now be honest, from the way WGT posted where you not lead to believe there would be new clubs? :) Points for posting. LOL

• jasondement
    322 Posts
    Wed, Sep 1 2010 8:27 AM

birdwell:

Wow you guys are seriously weak.

STEP UP!

You are teeing off from the same set of tees you always have been. The only real difference is the green speeds, which - if you are worth your salt  - is no big deal.

Jason you are better than that, we both know that....

Kaslo on the other hand......   (just kidding!)

Bird the green speeds are not my gripe. The problem I have is really nothing has changed for players like myself and Kas. We still have to compete against the top level players, thats whats wrong with the whole thing. I know I am capable of shooting mid 50's or mid 20's but in no way am I capable of doing that with consistency like the top level players. In all honesty I should be a top level tour master. No way my stats put me with the greats of this game. Never won a weekly tournament as master. Would be nice to know I had a chance with a more level playing field. You can ask Jake, Bollux Lee, or any of the other great players and I'm near positive that they will tell you," yes jason is good but he is no competition for us". I would have no problem being in the second best group of players on this site which is where I belong. But to be placed in the highest tier is just plain unfair. Don't really expect my average to drop but its sure not to get any better any time soon. Just look at the top 100 money earnings and check stats of those players. You can't find more than 25 that should be in the legend tier and I'm sure the other 75 will agree with me, barring ego trips that is. I am a realist and I know my place in the world and in the virtual world. Among the best is not where I belong plain and simple. But I am a true fan of this game and will continue trying.

• jasondement
    322 Posts
    Wed, Sep 1 2010 8:30 AM

Kaslo:

Now be honest, from the way WGT posted where you not lead to believe there would be new clubs? :) Points for posting. LOL

yes Kas I was under the same impression. I was thinking equipment to match every level added. Maybe next update. (WINK WINK)

• rkix351
    26 Posts
    Wed, Sep 1 2010 8:43 AM

I can't play any stroke play tourneys, except 9 hole unlimited. It tells me my current tire doesn't allow me to play. I moved from Pro to tour pro. What's up with that?

• puddle2
    13 Posts
    Wed, Sep 1 2010 8:58 AM

guess i should have taken advantage of the clearance sale.  as it stands now, i can't even purchase the driver in my bag with my new 'experience' tag, nor many of the clubs i could have previously.

it would seem as it 'experience' also takes into consideration prior spending habits.

• birdwell
    561 Posts
    Wed, Sep 1 2010 9:17 AM

jasondement:
    ust look at the top 100 money earnings and check stats of those players. You can't find more than 25 that should be in the legend tier and I'm sure the other 75 will agree with me, barring ego trips that is. I am a realist and I know my place in the world and in the virtual world. Among the best is not where I belong plain and simple. But I am a true fan of this game and will continue trying.

I think it would be a serious detriment to the game to isolate those 25 or so players into a tier where they could only  compete against each other for prizes - and only play with the rest of us for shiggles. If I was one of those players, the fun factor would seriously diminish, and if I wasn't I would not strive to be promoted to that tier.

I'm with you though, "Legend" seems a bit of a lofty title for the likes of you or I. Currently I'm at a 65 average - definitely not performing well at this time. And I know you are a little more consistent than I am - even though on our best days I think I'd beat you with my short game.. lol :P>

And yes I had hoped to be a Tour Master when I logged on this morning - but not so that I didn't have to compete with Bolly, A LEE, Jakes, iconian and pricehs.. (hm.. I  actually own icon and price in matchplay.. HA! :P - this is only a sleight exaggeration) Rather, I was hoping to be Tour Master so that I could have one more tier to strive for.

I can agree that there are too many legends. The number makes the title meaningless, just like MASTER used to be. But even if the Legend status was more exclusive, I don't think it should be isolated at all from the Tour Master tier. Legend just should be a honor for players that have accomplished a lot here.. instead they are a dime a dozen it seems.

Tiger, Phil, Ells, Singh they are all legends in a way - you wouldn't want to remove them from any PGA events - just to give these young guys a better shot. - They'd find a reason to choke any way...

So yeah maybe we don't belong in that upper tier, but I just don't see that as a reason to not compete against the "BEST"

Don't you think Yang's victory in the PGA last year was just a little bit sweeter since it was over TIger? You damn right it was!

RSS