Forums

Help › Forums

Your golf traditions...

rated by 0 users
Sun, Aug 22 2010 3:57 PM (1 replies)
  • Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Sun, Aug 22 2010 3:25 PM

I was wondering if any of you would like to share your family, or just your, traditions when and if you all get together for a round of golf.

I was reminded of ours today when we (father, brother, nephew and myself) played 18 at Lincoln Park here in San Francisco.

It's a pretty decent muni.. lots of elevation changes and a fun little course winding through the far northwestern end of SF...  A few of the holes have a great few looking east at the Golden Gate Bridge.

One of those holes, the picturesque 17th, is a 235yd par three with a fantastic view of the GG Bridge, the Presidio and all way into Marin County..  Our tradition on that hole is to drive one as far as we can into the Pacific Ocean (about 200+ feet down and 200+ yards out.)

It fun to tease someone when he shanks one.  There's nothing like looking at your playing partner and saying.. "Dude... you just missed the largest body of water in the world!.   There's 64 million square miles of water and you can't find even one!?!"

And that is why we love golf. 

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Sun, Aug 22 2010 3:57 PM

Just for kicks... 17th green looking inland to the GG Bridge.

RSS