Forums

Help › Forums

getting to next level master tour master legend?

Mon, Jan 23 2023 2:50 PM (74 replies)
  • EntropiaBones
    16 Posts
    Mon, Jan 16 2023 5:20 PM

I just became Legend at level 91 with only 26 RR under my belt.

I was holding off on the RR for the reason of the increased driving range needed , until level 102 to buy the big driver.

I do play quite a few HH coin room games and was under the impression those would not push my ranking up. At Tour Master I realized this was not the case and hoped Legend was more strenuous to reach , but that was at level 86 so only 5 levels from TM to Legend I think something has changed from past criteria.

I do though enjoy the HH coin rooms for the fact you have another player to compete against.

• HamdenPro
    2,418 Posts
    Mon, Jan 16 2023 7:32 PM

pdb1:

Are we sure that if one is playing RR's ? That when playing in PCEA/Coins . The Mobile algorythm will still be applied ?

I have only heard 1 player state that it occurred.

I would propose that there is a means by which to advance by way of combining ranked rounds and coin rooms. I imagine WGT tries it best, albeit there are "sandbaggers", in which to equate the skill level between those who play mostly ranked/scored rounds and those that live in the coin rooms.

As for me, I know I advanced from Legend to Tour Legend by way of a combination of the two (as I have explained in other threads).

• HamdenPro
    2,418 Posts
    Tue, Jan 17 2023 1:12 PM

pdb1:

Yes you are the one .

But I don't think it is happening in general .

Well, as I am sure you can imagine, I am so favored by WGT, they may have just made me a honorary TL. Just a matter of time until the Golden Putter shows up in my bag (oh, and Champ, if your listening....still waiting on those elf shoes).

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Tue, Jan 17 2023 4:17 PM

HamdenPro:
    I would propose that there is a means by which to advance by way of combining ranked rounds and coin rooms.

I'd say there's that or an either or, you can go from TM to Legend by rr's and average or by coin rooms.

The two recent cases in this thread are interesting. 

One has played 73 RR's (at least 9 at TM and he averages 58 in the 9 rounds) and has an average of 58.76.  In coin games he's won 578 games and 56,742,250 coins*.

The other has played 26 RR's, six were at TM and he averaged 69.5 in them, and that's his current average as he hasn't played a RR at Legend.  In coin games he's won* 2,562 games and 3,501,343 coins.

*I'm saying coins won but almost certainly this will include stake and will ignore coins lost, it is nowhere near meaning coins gained.

This suggests to me it's the coin games won that matter, not (or much less so) the coins and not the RR's, but I'll try to get more data.

HamdenPro:
    I imagine WGT tries it best

They may do but which of the two do you reckon should be at legend?

By the way it was something in the coin rooms that got the promotion to Legend as the last RR was on 26th Dec and the promotion was on the 13th Jan.  Admittedly there could have been various contributing factors.

Apologies if I've got some things wrong, that can happen when you try to work things out.

• EntropiaBones
    16 Posts
    Tue, Jan 17 2023 4:17 PM

Is it possible to be demoted in rank ?

RSS