Forums

Help › Forums

New Putting Stroke

rated by 0 users
Tue, Sep 10 2013 1:56 PM (3 replies)
  • acebishop
    116 Posts
    Tue, Sep 10 2013 12:25 PM

Putting has got to be the most challenging aspect of WGT.  I have been working on a new putting stroke for a few weeks now and wanted to share my results.

Yes  there will be nay Sayers and unadulterated bashes of my post.  But so be it.  There are so many out there from Hack to Legend that would love to read thoughts on putting.  

Understand, I am an average player but I work to better my game. So if you go to see my stats and think  "This guy is no better than me" You would likely be very wrong, I am sure that you are much better at this than me.

From Hack to Tour pro I learned the feet each putt would go according to each movement of the putter. I used  the aim in front and reverse view of  putting.  Dog Gonit I wanted to be better at putting.  Came across a post about missing the ding.  That is crazy, I can barley hit the ding when I putt. And then I thought miss the ding. I can certainly do that.

Putting then became a joy not a burden, a relaxing element not a grinding experience.  You can't putt with fear in your heart.

Moved up to Master, what a learning curve.  I  got this idea of putting in reverse view missing the ding depending on the break.  After trial and error have become rather good at putting.  20,30,40,50, ect foot putts I honestly look forward to.

Just wanted to share this. Those who play here at WGT for the thrill of the game of Golf enhanced by the fellowship of our Golf friends and fellow CC members will certainly appreciate the thoughts.

See you on the links

Ace 

• Talluin
    257 Posts
    Tue, Sep 10 2013 12:37 PM

fantastic new club website here

Ace,

totally hear you, i've struggled a lot with my putting of late, caught onto this miss ding putting technique and although still not fantastic, it has improved.

Keep it up, can only get better :)

Tal

• BushcraftOnFire
    3,325 Posts
    Tue, Sep 10 2013 12:51 PM

For a day or two I tried moving the flag.. then I thought.. why? Just figure out where on the ding to miss it and by how much. Works pretty well.. Within 50 foot I am about 95% accurate to get within 1-2 foot of the hole

D

• acebishop
    116 Posts
    Tue, Sep 10 2013 1:56 PM

That is the beauty of missing the ding when you putt.  Thanks for your input on DING MISSING.

Ace

RSS