Forums

Help › Forums

'Tough-It-Out III': The Trans-Atlantic Starter Clubs Uneven Open THIRD EDITION!

Mon, Oct 28 2013 3:55 PM (614 replies)
  • Timbo1984
    818 Posts
    Tue, Sep 10 2013 5:33 AM

Got my first practice round in today.

Pretty happy with a 74...Picked up a bogey at every hole I couldnt reach in regulation. Had four other bogey's to add to those but an eagle and 2 birdies brought me back a bit.

If you can manage to stem the flow of bogey's I reckon breaking par on this particular course is pretty doable. 

• filmslayer
    2,340 Posts
    Tue, Sep 10 2013 5:38 AM

oneeyedjohn:

filmslayer:

he beat me by 2 strokes over the front 9 ...

You must just have had a bad day Film

I'll make sure I'm green tonite at midnight GMT for practice anyone

he's good and makes me wonder . he had a stretch of 4 birds in a row ...

• unclenewy
    334 Posts
    Tue, Sep 10 2013 5:46 AM

I'm in guys.

It's good to be back and hopefully no traumas like last time that meant I couldn't finish.

You will see from my sign up form that I am unable to give definites on times and days, so I will try and keep everyone updated as soon as I know for definate.

Thanks and good luck everyone.

Neil

• CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Tue, Sep 10 2013 5:54 AM

Timbo1984:

Got my first practice round in today.

Pretty happy with a 74...Picked up a bogey at every hole I couldnt reach in regulation. Had four other bogey's to add to those but an eagle and 2 birdies brought me back a bit.

If you can manage to stem the flow of bogey's I reckon breaking par on this particular course is pretty doable. 

Wow Tim, what hole did you Eagle? After the practice rounds I''ve played, I can't imagine an Eagle on any hole.

• Timbo1984
    818 Posts
    Tue, Sep 10 2013 6:36 AM

lol It wasn't a tap in eagle.

Managed to hole out on the first par 5. For a change I stayed away from all the bunkers and rough the entire round. It really makes a huge difference if you can avoid any of the thick rough or sand it seems.

• chrisironsbones
    3,524 Posts
    Tue, Sep 10 2013 7:12 AM

I think i signed up via corwyns sign up sheet

• CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Tue, Sep 10 2013 7:17 AM

Timbo1984:

lol It wasn't a tap in eagle.

Managed to hole out on the first par 5. For a change I stayed away from all the bunkers and rough the entire round. It really makes a huge difference if you can avoid any of the thick rough or sand it seems.

After I thought about it I figured you may have holed out on the par 5. Keeping it on the short grass is crucial to have birdie putts even if they're pretty long.

I just played the front side with Franz. We shot a 36 and a 37 with some handy play. On 9 we had the front right pin and 16 MPH wind in our faces and I thought it would be bogie for sure. It takes 3 shots to reach the green and we each end up inside of 4 feet with Franz almost holing out his shot. I was amazed at how well the ball was able to stop by hitting real close to the hole on the fly. The bump behind the hole took off enough energy that both balls stopped no problem. Franz's shot even backed up down the hill for a near birdie.

I'll be around on and off today looking for more practice.

• CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Tue, Sep 10 2013 7:17 AM

YES!!!!!

Great stuff Chris.

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Tue, Sep 10 2013 7:24 AM

chrisironsbones:
    I think i signed up via corwyns sign up sheet

You did sign up successfully, Chris!

And we are very delighted to see you here... surprised, but delighted, lol!

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Tue, Sep 10 2013 7:27 AM

unclenewy:
    I'm in guys.

It's good to be back and hopefully no traumas like last time that meant I couldn't finish.

Neil, it's really great to see you back in action. For those who weren't around last time, Neil is one to watch. He was lying just a few strokes back coming into the last round, but had to withdraw for personal reasons.

If you are able to provide any more dates/times info by Thursday midnight that would be most helpful. If not, I'll put you on as likely to need more flexibility, and anticipate using a marker.

RSS