Champion or Legend?

rated by 0 users
Mon, Sep 6 2010 3:40 PM (18 replies)
  • PAGES
  • ccrume
    138 Posts
    Sat, Aug 14 2010 3:45 PM

BolloxInBruges:

I'd vote champions too, and agree that legend seems to imply a past tense.

It seems to me that the ones that will be in that tier should be the ones to vote, no?

• BOFFMEN
    337 Posts
    Sat, Aug 14 2010 4:04 PM

ccrume:

It seems to me that the ones that will be in that tier should be the ones to vote, no?

Why?...do you think everyone else is just going to stay in their lower tier, the rest of their lives on WGT?

So which do you like or perhaps you have another name in mind...

• ccrume
    138 Posts
    Sat, Aug 14 2010 4:09 PM

BOFFMEN:

Why?...do you think everyone else is just going to stay in their lower tier, the rest of their lives on WGT?

I was only suggesting that the votes of those that will be there first should perhaps carry greater weight. Personally, I don't think I'll ever get there but champions would be my choice.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Sat, Aug 14 2010 6:56 PM

I believe that hack-amateur-pro-master is enough deliniation. What needs to change, is only what defines these levels, hand in glove, with what is already known, so far, with the tendency and progression of this game. Starting point is knowing that there are no two month hacks nor two month amateurs.

• borntobesting
    9,625 Posts
    Sat, Aug 14 2010 7:07 PM

Neither. I would prefer Grand Master. Because as already stated legend tends to mean  someone  past their prime. And  there can be champions in any tier. You win a tourney you are a champion whether it be a hack or a master. Only the best Masters would get the title Grand Master.

• GITrDONE
    701 Posts
    Sat, Aug 14 2010 7:46 PM

I would vote for Legend if given the choice...I've been to various places such as pool rooms, bowling alleys, golf clubs, etc...And the best guys/gals in all those places, even though still alive, are usually referred to as legends...

It goes something like this...You see a person playing extremely well and you ask the local patrons, "Who's is that"...Then the local replies, "Oh, that's so and so, their a legend around here"...It might just be like that where I come from and since I'm still where I come from, I choose Legend...

Champion is associated with "The Senior Tour" in my mind...

• MonumentValley
    58 Posts
    Sat, Aug 14 2010 8:50 PM

Legend sounds a bit pretentious; I'll go with Champion.

• danohi50
    1,020 Posts
    Mon, Sep 6 2010 3:39 PM

[

BOFFMEN:

piztaker:

You can't have multiple champions though, shirley?

I'd just like to tell you both good luck.  We're all counting on you.

Oh, by the way...can I fake my orgasms?

d. :)

Well yes you can fake an orgasm, but why would you want too?

• danohi50
    1,020 Posts
    Mon, Sep 6 2010 3:40 PM

Grande Master is very good.

• PAGES
RSS