Forums

Help › Forums

Made master too early?

rated by 0 users
Fri, Aug 6 2010 2:51 PM (2 replies)
  • TDIfurby
    317 Posts
    Wed, Aug 4 2010 3:18 PM

I'm feeling a little disheartened after being made master before I really feel I have got to grasp with the game.  Just spent $40 on equipment to help me at pro-level and now finding the gear struggling to make the distances required at master level.  I just played out my skin (for me....) around Bethpage Black and only managed +1 (71) off the master tees...  I fear I'm going to be losing out on $$ invested in gear having to get master driver/s.  Shame you cannot chop stuff in at more or less the same price you paid.

Any thoughts on best way forward?  I can see what I really need for these longer holes is that 280 yard driver (have 255 one now) and a 3 wood to suit.... but I don't want to spend more $$ really.

• TDIfurby
    317 Posts
    Thu, Aug 5 2010 10:35 AM

Well, slight new problem now.  Have just put in $20 and upgraded my driver and woods to master spec, but now it says I cannot enter competitions with my current clubs.....  Is this something to do with me having Pro V2 iron set still?  I will be well annoyed if it is as I like that iron set and don't want to be forced into upgrading those, which will cost me another $20 I expect..... [sigh!]

• TDIfurby
    317 Posts
    Fri, Aug 6 2010 2:51 PM

More money put in to get better balls, but I am still not happy with being at master level so soon.  Feel like I am being forced to upgrade clubs which costs a small fortune. :(

RSS