Forums

Help › Forums

WHO'S HAVING FUN?

rated by 0 users
Tue, Jul 20 2010 10:04 PM (32 replies)
  • drewsterinone
    190 Posts
    Fri, Jul 16 2010 9:47 PM

No seriously who  has fun on here, i sure do!!

Talk about the fun in the game!!

DREW

• TallAcePaul
    1,455 Posts
    Sat, Jul 17 2010 1:07 AM

I have loads of fun too drew, really enjoy the game and the people and always have.

Live long and prosper

TAP

• Valrec
    70 Posts
    Sat, Jul 17 2010 4:48 AM

Yup, I enjoy this game too:

The feel of the game, due to WGT using photos of real courses, is really good. The skill needed to progress is of a challenging standard, and I really enjoy the whole game.

I feel it's necessary to also say that it is pretty good value for money too, I use B-ES balls at the moment to save money, bought one full set of clubs when I turned pro, ensured the wedges and putter would be OK for Master tier, turned Master and just bought a Master driver, kept my other clubs.

Yeah the meter gives me a fright from time to time, but if you react quickly, you can let it roll through and re-hit the shot. If anyone thinks this is unrealistic, you should have seen Tiger Woods yesterday going to hit a drive, fully committed, and suddenly stopping as he started his swing (because of a gust of wind I think). Even players in real-life have issues as they are about to address the ball ; )

I'm especially enjoying the game at the moment, with the Open live on TV from St Andrews, playing round the course whilst watching the play from Scotland is a real treat : ).

Valrec

• cappy123
    39 Posts
    Sat, Jul 17 2010 10:59 AM

is that before or after i constantly lose brand new balls right after a birdie or choppy meter i personally think it a total crock

• Bigfoot49uk
    59 Posts
    Sun, Jul 18 2010 11:49 PM

All I can say is you must be having my share of fun as well as your own. I made Master tier and all the fun's gone. Soon I shall be gone too.

• oneputtdavid
    1,337 Posts
    Mon, Jul 19 2010 12:29 AM

Here Here Big foot, I too shall be gone. PRINT this WGT you cowards and cheaters.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Mon, Jul 19 2010 9:59 AM

Bigfoot49uk:
    All I can say is you must be having my share of fun as well as your own. I made Master tier and all the fun's gone. Soon I shall be gone too.
    oneputtdavid:
    Here Here Big foot, I too shall be gone. PRINT this WGT you cowards and cheaters.
    What is stopping you from leaving now?

If someone isn't having fun at this 'game' then why stay?  No, really... Why stay?

Unless you really like being miserable and jamming up the forums and threads with whiney "I suck and I hate you all" posts, why even bother to log on.

Look, bottom line... if you don't like it, bloody well leave and find something you DO like.

Good Lord, some folks are strange.

Back to the OP.... I'm having fun.  Have been since December, 08, with only 9 holes at Kiawah to play. 

• AlaCowboy
    1,321 Posts
    Mon, Jul 19 2010 10:17 AM

Snaike:

Bigfoot49uk:
    oneputtdavid:
    What is stopping you from leaving now?

If someone isn't having fun at this 'game' then why stay?  No, really... Why stay?

Unless you really like being miserable and jamming up the forums and threads with whiney "I suck and I hate you all" posts, why even bother to log on.

Look, bottom line... if you don't like it, bloody well leave and find something you DO like.

Good Lord, some folks are strange.

Back to the OP.... I'm having fun.  Have been since December, 08, with only 9 holes at Kiawah to play. 

Amen, Snaike. I find it rather amusing that the ones that rush to Master level by quitting on any and every bad round then whine and pout when they find out that it takes SKILL, not just a false average, to be successful on WGT.

• Valrec
    70 Posts
    Mon, Jul 19 2010 11:52 AM

Interesting to hear about WGT when it started, I know little of it's history : )

How did it progress, was it the next 9 holes at Kiawah, then Bethpage? I believe from reading the forum that Oakmont and St Andrews arrived this year...

Progression to Master quickly: Happened to me by accident, lol! I was promoted to Master after only about a month of paying here.. I wasn't trying to get to Master quickly, just playing my best, and playing a lot of St Andrews,  because I love the course so much : )

I'm enjoying the challenge of the game at Master level though, requires a lot of patience to absorb how the courses play in this tier, but it is worth the time and effort, in my opinion.

• TarheelsRule
    5,478 Posts
    Mon, Jul 19 2010 12:11 PM

One bit of advice was given to me by SweetiePie when I first started on WGT.  That advice was not to try to buy your way to master as quick as you can.  I played, at the time Kiawah and BPB and moved to pro fairly quickly.  After more advice from WGT folks I bought a Rapture Driver and a new putter which improved my game and allowed me to move to master after a while as a pro.  Once I hit the master level, I went ahead and bought the driver, irons, putter for that level.  I feel that spending $30 was a great investment, cheap as a movie and snacks, for a game that I play a lot.  I still tend to play more with free balls than the most expensive ones and I enjoy the 4 courses we now have to play and look forward to more.

The choppy meter is a little annoying but that will get better soon.  I actually am sort of on the side of making it more difficult for players than easier.  We have great clubs, balls, etc., it would be great but probably not practical to have new tees and pins every time you play.  When I played my first round at St Andrews today, I can assure you that having to deal with 18 new pins and different distances made it tough on me, it would be nice to never know what pins to expect.

RSS