Forums

Help › Forums

Cheats/Fraud et al

Sun, Nov 17 2013 11:41 AM (186 replies)
  • thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Wed, May 22 2013 11:09 AM

chrisironsbones:
     the players who are probably cheating are the ones who struggle to score 65 on a course, and maybe they "might" achieve 62 at best,

agreed....

chrisironsbones:
    the only cheats that might cheat me are the legend's who have re started 2nd account and are playing ready go's from short tees, but even that wont last long.

agreed

chrisironsbones:
    Players are able to score 53's just by using their own skill.  if you havn't got that same skill, stop accusing the players who do.

agreed

to players who consistently shoot 34...35...36 on 9 holes.....I'm sorry but they'll need a tad more than the **level playing field** to help them against players who consistently shoot 29's on any course in any condition.

some folks are just better at playing a certain game than the next person.

i'm quite good at this game but suck at space invaders & missile command.....however i'm brilliant at BattleZone.

• lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Wed, May 22 2013 11:19 AM

Again, read it all!  there is nothing new under the sun.  A new topic would be greatly welcomed.   My nickle.

• creamer444
    783 Posts
    Wed, May 22 2013 12:09 PM

i liked tomb raider. u would get stuck for a few days trying to solve a puzzle to open a door but u would get there in the end. a bit like wgt keep playing will make you a better player.

• RickySam
    53 Posts
    Wed, May 22 2013 12:38 PM

I don't know about cheaters/frauds, although i'm sure they are out there.

If WGT was designed to mimic real life golf, then the scores would be close to those of real PGA Tour golfers. Scores for good WGT players would be in the 60s and 70s. Those are real life scores. How many 58s or 59s have there ever been on the PGA Tour? Darn few. Totally unrealistic scores.

On the other hand, if WGT was designed to be just another video game, then sure, one can play it enough and get so good at it (like most any video game) that consistent scores in the 50's are possible.

I'm not the best WGT player here, and I'm not the worst, either. I will say that it is a bit discouraging to see all these scores in the 50s, because I know I don't stand a chance playing in a tourney against those players. But is what it is; I enjoy this game, I play for fun, and I don't try to make this like so many video games where one tries to achieve the highest score possible (or in this case, the lowest score).

• CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Wed, May 22 2013 1:16 PM

chrisironsbones:

This is getting a bit boring, just because one player CAN'T score below 58, It doesn't mean others cant achieve It.  This crying cheat business Is tarnishing the game.  Put more practice in and maybe you can see those low scores.

When I saw a 53 in open qualifier, I didn't presume cheat, I just thought "a good score, so low is possible, well done".

Right on here. Whenever I see something of high achievement my first thought is that it is possible. If it's been done by a human it kinda means it's possible and should become the goal to equal or better.

Great playing in Quali BTW CIB. :)

• BubbaCrusher007
    1,567 Posts
    Wed, May 22 2013 3:36 PM

HRPUTTNSTUFF:

well i play this game every day for almost 3 yrs now and I see all these people in the tourneys shooting 26 27 or 58 57 but yet I never see these players outside of the tourneys and that is very odd to me why is it that tourneys are the only place and time they shoot those scores their are cheaters and everyone should get a grip and understand that if people can hack in to your facebook page and the cia and all these other places I know WGT doesnt have any way to stop them and I was actually given a cheat program by a certain player I know and I dont cheat my scores prove that but I do know for a fact you can cheat going thru the back door somehow its a internet world anyone with computer programming knowledge can cheat at any game including WGT they can make your game a living hell how do you think they make their money their sure not making any money off those shooting 58s in the tourneys dont take much to hit the ball lmao see ya later dont be so naive people WGT changes game to make you have to spend money on it and their are plenty of ways to do it 

Dude, do you realize how hard this is to read? I'm no pulitzer prize winning writer by no means.

But damn, use a period here or there or somewhere, sheesus.

Anyway, there are also many many players that win these tourneys that play with their friends and post in the forum and are not incognito. I'm not sure who cheats or why. I don't really care to tell you the truth. If I could get near contention I might give a f ck. The free tourney payouts are beyond a joke, they are hilarious.

peace , love  and all that jazz

• notonthis
    893 Posts
    Wed, May 22 2013 4:16 PM

I have a video somewhere on my computer that i have to find where i was on cabo 6 a slow load course for alot of people i know. I hit the shot and was paused after i hit it for over 1 minute due to connection issues or something. And play on myleauge with a few who have bad connections also and stay greyed out for sometime. So if you ask me that method proves nothing. Would suck to accuse someone and you have no idea whats going on with there pc or connection. Mean while ill look for the video but surely you know what im talking about.

• notonthis
    893 Posts
    Wed, May 22 2013 4:20 PM

But i did play with someone here awhile back and told them how you can try to spot it with the menu tab. It took sometime for them to swing and said they take practice swings. But when taking a practice swing it will light back up so i found to be a lie on their behalf right away but hell i still shot better so didnt bug me just made them look stupid.

• bhoese
    679 Posts
    Wed, May 22 2013 4:44 PM

andrewmca:
    a new course comes out, someone shoots 53, everyone starts pointing fingers, what you don't get, is that 5000 people just played that course... the odds of being that one tour legend that had that one awesome round are slim... but anyone who knows anything about statistics will realise that with the pure numbers of attempts here; 53's are going to be shot.

This.

• chrisironsbones
    3,524 Posts
    Thu, May 23 2013 6:13 AM

creamer444:

i liked tomb raider. u would get stuck for a few days trying to solve a puzzle to open a door but u would get there in the end. a bit like wgt keep playing will make you a better player.

The same players who probably cheat here, are the ones who couldn't solve those puzzles.  Used to love tomb raider.

RSS