Help › Forums

driving range

rated by 0 users
Thu, Sep 5 2013 5:36 AM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • ffbrummett
    1 Posts
    Thu, Mar 28 2013 7:10 PM

is there a driving range or putting green on here?

• WGTdbloshoe
    2,840 Posts
    Fri, Mar 29 2013 10:32 AM

ffbrummett:

Currently there is no driving range or putting green.  Best place to practice is stroke play practice round.  This will give you in game experience also.

- WGTdbloshoe

• ZioMio
    4,680 Posts
    Fri, Mar 29 2013 2:37 PM

ffbrummett:

No ... but there is a SEARCH function at the right side of every page. =====>>>>

4,145 Posts
    Fri, Mar 29 2013 6:45 PM

WGTdbloshoe:

Currently there is no driving range or putting green.  Best place to practice is stroke play practice round.  This will give you in game experience also.

You really need a driving range or a least mulligans in practice mode..  You can't get in any worthwhile practice in practice mode.  You get one shot and can't repeat it.  Maybe a pitch is better than a chip or flop.  Try different spins and see how it affects carry and roll.  Experiment with amount of break and speed putting.  To do this, you need to be able to drop a ball and repeat a shot.  Pros do it all the time in practice rounds.

It's my major pet peeve with this game, a glaring omission.  Besides that WGT could make money from it too.  Credits for buckets of balls or mulligans in practice mode would eat up ball life meaning more sales (don't allow the unlimited).

Someone, please explain why this is not a win-win situation to me.

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Fri, Mar 29 2013 10:34 PM

Just play. It's the best way to learn. As for driving just put your marker in the middle of the fairway and ding the meter.

• JimbeauC
    5,835 Posts
    Wed, Sep 4 2013 11:16 AM

Actually, WGT could give us the equivalent of a driving range. It would be easy, too.

Just allow us to practice with no wind. #1 StA here I come. That's where I have always calibrated my clubs, but I have to restart over and over to get a LR or RL wind. 

• daddd1
    171 Posts
    Wed, Sep 4 2013 11:35 AM

go to golf courses(on wgt community tab) & play a hole, you can have mulligans on any shot you play.

• JimbeauC
    5,835 Posts
    Wed, Sep 4 2013 10:17 PM

Missing the point. I'm looking for NO WIND. Just the club. StA offers me minimal elevation. Not so much to ask for.

• zagraniczniak
    1,984 Posts
    Thu, Sep 5 2013 1:04 AM

JimbeauC:

Actually, WGT could give us the equivalent of a driving range. It would be easy, too.

Just allow us to practice with no wind.

Uhhh, the wind blows at driving ranges, too.

• jackasper
    47 Posts
    Thu, Sep 5 2013 2:08 AM

I feel your pain you guys... no driving range is a real bummer!  The next best thing is an unlimited play tourney with no wind. This week it's @ Merion. Week 36 9 hole unlimited play.

I know it's off topic, but for dialing in those clubs, it's about all we've got until they set us up with a driving / practice range...

• PAGES
RSS