Forums

Help › Forums

Latest Feature Requests - Proposal for WGTIcon and WGT

Sun, Apr 19 2020 7:21 PM (623 replies)
  • TarheelsRule
    5,493 Posts
    Wed, Mar 27 2013 12:24 PM

ICON

Has WGT ever thought of putting together a user group to work with the moderators and programmers and bring forth the desires of the masses.   I realize that all the moderators scan the boards and answer questions but many times you see the same people asking for things over and over.  Some of the requests are things that many of the rank and file WGT folks might not even care about.

My experience with a true user group of 5 to 10 people is that they would be able to much better put forth the general desires of the masses rather than just personal wants.  Maybe the owners of the 10 most well know country clubs would be a way.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Wed, Mar 27 2013 12:49 PM

TarheelsRule:
    Has WGT ever thought of putting together a user group to work with the moderators and programmers and bring forth the desires of the masses

I have bought this up in the past and personally think it is a great idea, however has always fallen on deaf ears.

The problem I have with the forums has been that the community never know what has been listened to or put forward for consideration. That was one reason for starting this thread and I am pleased that Icon took the time to listen and have communications within WGT.

But the merits of a community users group that could directly communicate with the moderators (and between the group) would have more impact than individual threads.As you say, personal wants could then be considered by the users group and the merited ideas then forwarded to the Mods. There are enough people with a lot of knowledge who I think could be great candidates.

• WGTdbloshoe
    2,840 Posts
    Wed, Mar 27 2013 1:13 PM

TarheelsRule:

ICON

Has WGT ever thought of putting together a user group to work with the moderators and programmers and bring forth the desires of the masses.   I realize that all the moderators scan the boards and answer questions but many times you see the same people asking for things over and over.  Some of the requests are things that many of the rank and file WGT folks might not even care about.

My experience with a true user group of 5 to 10 people is that they would be able to much better put forth the general desires of the masses rather than just personal wants.  Maybe the owners of the 10 most well know country clubs would be a way.

That exact topic is currently being discussed.  Nothing definite as of yet but, there is definitely a discussion about it.

- WGTdbloshoe

• axstrat
    415 Posts
    Wed, Mar 27 2013 1:50 PM

That would be great .  I follow the forums pretty regular and the suggestions in there from some of the more experienced members here are in line with what im thinking too.  ( I mostly chime in about club owners ability to manage clubs better, but thats just me).

These players have been around a while and through their contacts have heard and experienced the "desires of the masses"  so I think they would make excellent represenatives of the members themselves.

My 2 cents worth

Greg

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Wed, Mar 27 2013 2:09 PM

WGTdbloshoe:
    That exact topic is currently being discussed.  Nothing definite as of yet but, there is definitely a discussion about it.

Well thanks for that info. I am impressed  that since your arrival the communication has been very good and is a very positive sign.

• WGTdbloshoe
    2,840 Posts
    Wed, Mar 27 2013 2:31 PM

alanti:

WGTdbloshoe:

Well thanks for that info. I am impressed  that since your arrival the communication has been very good and is a very positive sign.

I am very glad to hear that! 

WGTdbloshoe

• fronny25
    280 Posts
    Wed, Mar 27 2013 3:54 PM

i agree,

i wonder how many of these will actully be imllemented...

• WGTdbloshoe
    2,840 Posts
    Wed, Mar 27 2013 4:38 PM

fronny25:

i agree,

i wonder how many of these will actully be imllemented...

Maybe all.  Maybe none.  The discussions are happening which is the first step with getting things implemented.

- WGTdbloshoe

• opyeuclid
    6,706 Posts
    Wed, Mar 27 2013 5:05 PM

alanti:
    very positive sign.

iaaRft

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Wed, Mar 27 2013 5:22 PM
RSS