Help › Forums

Latest Feature Requests - Proposal for WGTIcon and WGT

Sun, Apr 19 2020 7:21 PM (623 replies)
  • alosso
    21,039 Posts
    Sun, Nov 2 2014 1:41 AM

shovlovin:
    how about sorting out skins, more credits lost, getting booed

The rake is a safe income for the company, why drop that?

I read about issues in Skin challenges when I entered the forum three years ago and haven't played any.

shovlovin:
    ive recommended to my members not to play

+1!

If you do the calculation, it's difficult to play Skins with a net win. Works only if you dominate it, otherways the rake balances or outweighs the winnings.

• SHRUDE
    5,835 Posts
    Mon, Nov 3 2014 11:11 PM

alosso:

The list of email notices of members joining and leaving.

(No notice given when members are deleted though)

Interesting to this , is that it seems past members are privy to previous club messages even though they are not within the club no longer.

• alosso
    21,039 Posts
    Tue, Nov 4 2014 8:54 PM

pdb1:
    No notice to whom ? There is an optional 

" Enter a message to the player you are removing." box for the owner if owner feels the need to notify the member ONE MORE TIME .

I meant, no notice to the owner.

When I accept a player's member invitation, I receive a mail, but not on the bye-bye. This despite the fact that I was active in both cases. But, in this positivistic world, negative things like declines have to be confirmed, only to be forgotten afterwards.

pdb1:
    alosso:
    The list of email notices of members joining and leaving.
    I never heard of that one .

LOL - it's private, in the CC folder of my mail client - I just save the incoming messages. 95 "A member has joined..." and 10 "A member has left..." messages since they became available to me in April, 2014. No memory of the 90 inactives that I dismissed.

• alosso
    21,039 Posts
    Tue, Nov 4 2014 9:21 PM

pdb1:
    alosso:
    When I accept a player's member invitation, I receive a mail,
    Interesting . I don't .

Do you get other mails, like tournament confirmations and round reminders, PM copies, forum message copies if ticked?

If not, try this user's workaround:

Change the mail address in your account. Sometimes this action triggers the mail function to become functional, and then you may change back your personal mail.
    I tried it about five times in 20 months until it eventually worked.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Sat, Nov 8 2014 7:52 PM

I would like to thanks everyone for their input and ideas, but time to draw this thread to a close.

Special thanks to Shrude for the help collating the suggestions and also to Icon, for allowing this to run, even though it was not the desired outcome.

Hopefully I will see many of you in the rough, bunkers and occasional green lol.

Alan

• SHRUDE
    5,835 Posts
    Sat, Nov 8 2014 11:48 PM

alanti:
    I would like to thanks everyone for their input and ideas,

I admire your tenacity, only to end up with it not having anything near the desired result.
    You stuck with it and there are hundreds of great suggestions in this thread.

None of them have come to fruition... the thread is / has/ was being ignored by WGT.

This is evident with all the subsequent updates and features being added that we as a community haven't asked for and paramount issues and features that we have asked for simply not being addressed or planned.

Or in fact, some disjointed version appearing with little or no semblance to what was actually needed.

Well done Alanti. thanks for attempting to try Icon.

Thanks to everyone for their input and 'hope'.

RSS