Forums

Help › Forums

LET'S BE HONEST

Mon, Feb 27 2017 4:33 PM (2,573 replies)
  • andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Sun, Jan 17 2016 4:08 PM

ct690911:
    Canucks pride themselves on Hockey, poutine, manly beer, (and now the gold medal in whiskey) and proper winters

Canuck Geography by Bob & Doug McKenzie.....

• ct690911
    7,202 Posts
    Sun, Jan 17 2016 4:21 PM

ok...we also pride ourselves on our "Hosers" and da "Trailer Park Boys"...but not Justin Bieber...which is why we gifted him to the good 'ol US of A, eh!..:)

• garylewisgr
    415 Posts
    Sun, Jan 17 2016 5:15 PM

Alosso, my age and health is a big drawback to going out of the country right now----not that I wouldn't want to do it .

CT, you might have to eat your words come playoff time. Florida has a pretty strong team right now !  Alot better than my sickly Jets !

Gary

• ct690911
    7,202 Posts
    Sun, Jan 17 2016 5:32 PM

garylewisgr:

Alosso, my age and health is a big drawback to going out of the country right now----not that I wouldn't want to do it .

CT, you might have to eat your words come playoff time. Florida has a pretty strong team right now !  Alot better than my sickly Jets !

Gary

I'm stuck with da Leafs...wanna switch?...lol

(although I live equidistant between Detroit and Toronto...sometimes I slide over and side with the Red Wings...:)

• mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Sun, Jan 17 2016 7:02 PM

ct690911:
    .I have read posts by Rich in several threads. in some (like this one), he often makes harsh, sweeping generalizations about those who post, thus minimizing the "success" of his original question.

Rich,

I'm with CT on this one.

This is a great thread! I can't figure out why you would pizz all over it (although I can guess) when you've had such success and so many players have poured their hearts out and exposed themselves in this thread and you're pizzed because some "original players" haven't posted here yet. WOW!

Rich, you've been here since July 2010 and I've been here since February 2009 and although I don't have "thousands" of posts...am I not "original" enough for you? Not only have I contributed to this thread in the past but so have many others that have been here for a very long time.

I'm sorry that our usernames/stories/country clubs weren't strong enough to keep your thread on the front page longer, but there's no need to make those of us that responded to your inquiry of "Let's Be Honest" feel small because you feel your post wasn't responded to by more "popular" and "original" players.

This thread was once a great read, not so much now...I can only hope you can right this ship quickly and get it back on track.

MC

• alosso
    21,043 Posts
    Sun, Jan 17 2016 10:30 PM

garylewisgr:
    Oh, I wasn't thinking of any obstacles - 't was just a practical joke. I might just as well talk about myself moving to Tenerife...

@renniw52: Yours is the honour to have started this fabulous thread, but then it grew independent, like any of your children. My two Pfennig is to sit back in your grandpa rocking chair and enjoy the squirrels and whatnots, and hit it straight!!

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Mon, Jan 18 2016 11:58 AM

mrcaddie:
    This is a great thread!

I could not agree more MC!

I do disagree however, it still is a great read, but much like a movie or book that loses the plot half way through, I just skip past until it improves, and it invariably does.

How many of us tape a sporting game, only to fast forward through the part when the opposition score.......

I still enjoy re-reading occasionally, and seeing so many people from diverse backgrounds write a bit about themselves....that is the success of this thread.

Sure there will be smart asses, it will lose direction from time to time, there will be no responses for ages, there will be arguments and even lies, but that does not distract from the thread if you just skip past the parts you do not want to see...or read!

Long live this thread.

• Ducati916
    1,116 Posts
    Mon, Jan 18 2016 10:52 PM

ct690911:

garylewisgr:

Gary

(although I live equidistant between Detroit and Toronto...sometimes I slide over and side with the Red Wings...:)

I had a Canadian friend on a football team I once played on...we were at a pub....drinking to excess and bantering back and forth about our respective country's......I said that the only things that came from Canada were hockey players and whores.....he said his wife was Canadian....I asked him what team she played for.....

• ct690911
    7,202 Posts
    Tue, Jan 19 2016 5:02 AM

Ducati916:

ct690911:

garylewisgr:

Gary

I had a Canadian friend on a football team I once played on...we were at a pub....drinking to excess and bantering back and forth about our respective country's......I said that the only things that came from Canada were hockey players and whores.....he said his wife was Canadian....I asked him what team she played for.....

They may be that, but they are curvy and very talented, and given the poor state of our dollar, a bargain..:)

RSS