Forums

Help › Forums

LET'S BE HONEST

Mon, Feb 27 2017 4:33 PM (2,573 replies)
  • gonfission
    2,230 Posts
    Sat, Feb 11 2017 4:17 PM

From what very little I know of you, this is the take away I receive, after reading your posts...

The voice of reason, and harmony.  I hope you find peace.

May your path be gilded with life's cherished memories.

Godspeed Brother

Joe

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Sat, Feb 11 2017 6:07 PM

My thoughts are with you. Give it the good fight. If it gets too much to deal with I understand.  Went through that with my dad. Tough old Marine Gunny SOB but he had  enough. Wasn't going to let anybody wipe his butt. I was with him when he layed his rifle down. Be strong and I'm thinking about ya.

Rich

• drmoose
    3,532 Posts
    Sun, Feb 12 2017 6:13 AM

Peter,

I never had the honor to get a game in with you, and only know of you from your postings in the forums, which I have always found to be positive and helpful, as such you have always been an asset to our community. Very sad news, I wish you the very best of all possible outcomes throughout your ordeal.

Doc 

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Sun, Feb 12 2017 6:28 AM

petervcpt:
    I'm checking out of here in a few days guys.

My best to you Peter..............

Your post quoted by way of a bump and courtesy to you......

petervcpt:

Howzit

This seems like as good a place as any to post this.

I'm checking out of here in a few days guys. Not sure exactly when but things have accelerated in the last few days. CT and Phil have the skinny on that.

The members of my CC which I have been most privileged to join, are pretty much set in terms of their clubs and balls, which is why I have turned to you.

So here's  my question:

I have a few credits, and tomorrow I'll be selling my clubs back so I'll have a few more.

Can anyone nominate a member of this fine institution, that is truly deserving of a set of irons, wedges or putter?

Kinda need a response within 48 hours if that is ok.

I have been a member of a few CC's here - all of which I have been honoured to be accepted to. Without exception they have been fine clubs and their leadership teams have always placed their members first. I moved on from them not from their shortcomings, but my own.

I have been privileged to be part of this community and to those of you that have reciprocated by offering their friendship and generosity, thank you.

Occasionally I went off the rails and Icon and Shoe were quick to steer me back, albeit via a lengthy forum break :-)

CT was instrumental in allowing me to speak again and whatever some of you may think of him, he is a true friend, a loyal ally and a staunch advocate of fact-based posting.

I will respond to my friends privately.

Cheers all, and good luck in your quest for the holy grail :-)

Cheers,

Peter

• alosso
    21,040 Posts
    Sun, Feb 12 2017 9:59 AM

My best to you and your family and friends, Peter!

• mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Sun, Feb 12 2017 2:18 PM

petervcpt:
    Can anyone nominate a member of this fine institution, that is truly deserving of a set of irons, wedges or putter?

Peter,

I am humbled beyond words by your generous gift. I honestly don't know what set me apart from so many other worthy recipients of what can only be described as your final gesture here on WGT but I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Although I have been sent a few gifts over my many years here on WGT, this is the one that I will never, ever forget. You have renewed my spirit of paying it forward and I'll remember you always as I put together future events like the 12 Days of Christmas.

I promise to put those beautiful wedges to good use and will again remember you every time our friend Colin leaves me in a green-side bunker and I have to pull one out of my bag.

Thank you so much Peter.

Sincerely

Wayne/MC

• opyeuclid
    6,706 Posts
    Sun, Feb 12 2017 3:10 PM

petervcpt:
    I'm checking out of here in a few days guys.

Just got on to find this .  

No words can change what the future hold,s for any of us .

It was a pleasure to know you here in WGT land Sir . 

OPY 

• WigerToods2010
    8,445 Posts
    Sun, Feb 12 2017 5:12 PM

A short exchange on the joys of setting alight  Airfix models as kids is the only interaction I can recall with yourself, Peter. Saddened to read of the situation you find yourself in.

Wish you well with whatever the future holds in store.

Johnny.

* Btw worthy recipient is most definitely how I'd describe Wayne - perfect fit.

• MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Tue, Feb 14 2017 1:28 AM

Words are almost failing me right now.

I came across this via the side door having read a comment by Alan in another thread and checking Peter's activity to find what he was referring to.

I also only got to know you briefly Peter, only one game together but I'm very pleased we got to do so.  Having read many of your posts I just knew we'd get along well and so it turned out to be.  Go in peace my friend.

Damn.

• HenryKawa
    1,721 Posts
    Mon, Feb 20 2017 9:02 AM

I've been away from the forums for a while.   I am truly saddened by Peter leaving us.  Hopefully he is in a better place.   He was a good man from what I've seen and heard from other people.   I have not had much to do with him, but he never said a bad word to me, so that's pretty good.    

I am still away from home on my driving trip to southern USA.  I am currently in the Best Western Hotel in Albuquerque, New Mexico, near Old Town.   I will be checking out tomorrow morning, and heading to Santa Fe and Roswell.  I likely won't be back home for another 3 weeks or so.   If anyone is near this area, let me know and I will see if we can meet up for a coffee.   I'm sure some of  you would love to meet the one and only, in flesh and blood.     My wife and I are having a great time so far on this trip.   I wasn't too thrilled driving through Denver.  It took us 3 hours on the I25 during rush hour and with a major accident backing up traffic 10 miles.    Other than that its been great.     Bye for now.  Henry

RSS