Forums

Help › Forums

masters

Thu, Jul 29 2010 11:54 AM (4 replies)
  • luckysump
    638 Posts
    Fri, Jul 2 2010 9:31 AM

I've just become a Master( lucky by name lucky by nature) and i'm Using Ping Rapture Driver, Irons And Hybrids. I'm Blind in My Right Eye So it takes me a couple of Holes to get  my eye in  As you've guessed I use them for the slow strength meter.

What would be a good choice of Master Tier clubs to get.  Ta,

• neildiamond11790
    1,115 Posts
    Fri, Jul 2 2010 10:24 AM

The master tiered clubs like the R9 or Supertri, and the irons like the G10's and I15s all have fairly faster meters.  What you can do is couple those with a GI ball, GI3 just came out and should offer you the slowest meter possible on those clubs.  Depending on your goals with the game you you might be fine with your rapture irons and maybe just pick up a driver that will give you 25 extra yards off the tee.  My suggestion is to pick up some GI3 balls, rent a master driver and use it for the day and see how you do.  If you seem to handle the driver fine, then maybe buy it and add the irons later.

Best of luck, congrats on making master.

• vanceesharp
    12 Posts
    Fri, Jul 2 2010 10:24 AM

Hi luckysump and welcome to the tier! I have tried the Taylormade master set and the Ping i15 master set. They both have pros and cons but I went with the Tri Master R9 driver and the Tour preferred steel iron set. A 15 degree 3W and a burner rescue 22 are my fairway clubs. I still use the Ping 60 and 64 wedges and a redwood putter. I buy the GI-3S balls to slow the meter down. When I rented the PING i15 set they were more forgiving but less accurate and much less distance. I hope this was helpful. Good luck to you in your future endeavors!

• neildiamond11790
    1,115 Posts
    Fri, Jul 2 2010 10:44 AM

Vance, dump the rescue and pick up another wedge, your short game will thank you.

• vanceesharp
    12 Posts
    Thu, Jul 29 2010 11:54 AM

Great advice as usual neildiamond, thanks again!

RSS