Forums

Help › Forums

Raise my tier

Sat, Dec 9 2017 6:55 PM (26 replies)
  • LouisPeter0
    713 Posts
    Sat, Dec 9 2017 6:55 PM

Luckystar5:

H2H matches do not count toward your average.  But you can be promoted all the way up to and including master tier. If you go into your friends list, wgt keeps track of your win loss ratio.  Because you don't have ranked rounds, I believe ( but cannot confirm) that they use a certain ratio  to promote to higher tiers.  There is another part to these promotion tables, to which no one speaks of, and that's a sandbaggers ruling.  I believe  that if your win loss ratio is really high, they promote you based on the skill level that you portray.  I'm not calling anyone a bagger, it's just a way for wgt to keep anyone to a minimum way of becoming one. When I was promoted to master, my average was 150.  ( i played coin games exclusivly ) First ranked round I played, it changed. After master, u must play ranked rounds for promotion, or win against higher tiers in tourneys. I play only on a tablet from day one. 

That’s a lot of good information. Thank you. See you on the links.

• alosso
    21,042 Posts
    Sat, Dec 9 2017 11:24 PM

Luckystar5:
    H2H matches do not count toward your average.  But you can be promoted all the way up to and including master tier.

This is true, and the following information that you give partly is and - excuse me - partly isn't.

No "win loss ratio" is invoved AFAIK.

On all devices, ranked strokeplay rounds on most courses move the average (except for Par3s, Par5s, CC Custom Courses) and lead to tier moves, demanding certain score numbers and average thresholds as a prerequisite.

Also, rated match play wins against higher tiers and credit wins in tournaments may contribute to promotion until Legend ("anti sandbagging rules").

Practice play as well as CTTH, Blitz and Alternate Shot games (A/S) do not contribute to average and tier.

Average resets on the first ranked round after promotion. Therefore, higher tiers with higher average numbers are a common sight, while they are struggling with the new, harder conditions, longer tracks and/or higher green speeds.

On mobiles, all the "mobile" matches played, H2H, "coin rooms", are considered practice play, not counting to the average. Thus those 150 averages. Here, tier advancement, until Master, is apparently coupled to XP or level rise. Afterwards, the common rules above apply exclusively.

Hope I could help!

• Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Sun, Dec 10 2017 1:20 AM

I guess it's safe to say, that we don't know what they do or why to promote people.   I have at this time 3 on my friends list that are tour pros, whom are in the 80s levels.  So there has to be something else in the mix.  

• alosso
    21,042 Posts
    Sun, Dec 10 2017 1:26 AM

If they are PC players, they won't be promoted by XP/level.

OTOH, I concede that I only heard users' rumour on the special "mobile promotion". WGT's habits exclude to publish these things officially.

• Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Sun, Dec 10 2017 1:36 AM

Can you play coin games on pcs?  These 3 to whom I'm referring to, have no scoring history, and yet they aren't promoted.  So I'm confused, but I definitely agree, that the mobile platform definitely has  a mysterious way about it.  It seems that we will always be in the dark with what the rules are, for tier advancement! 

• borntobesting
    9,628 Posts
    Sun, Dec 10 2017 1:58 AM

Luckystar5:

Can you play coin games on pcs?  These 3 to whom I'm referring to, have no scoring history, and yet they aren't promoted.  So I'm confused, but I definitely agree, that the mobile platform definitely has  a mysterious way about it.  It seems that we will always be in the dark with what the rules are, for tier advancement! 

No coin games  can not be played on the web version. They are mobile only..

• HackWilson1930
    1,437 Posts
    Sun, Dec 10 2017 2:36 AM

By using an emulator (BlueStacks, for example) to play on  a PC, you have created a mobile environment so playing coin games is possible.

RSS