Forums

Help › Forums

Master Ping Irons & Hybrid Chatter

rated by 0 users
Thu, Jun 24 2010 6:48 AM (30 replies)
  • gfsullivan
    196 Posts
    Tue, Jun 22 2010 3:31 PM

EDIT: My bad. misread price as irons when it was full set.

the conversation has switched to the pro & cons of Hybrids (page 2). Great advice, read on.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Jun 22 2010 4:20 PM

gfsullivan:

$37...... REALLY?

Ive got good equipment but wouldnt mind upgrading to the new Pings but, THIRTY SEVEN BUCKS????

Whatever in the world are you talking about? Why would youu spend all that money buying something you don't need.

These will take you wherever you want to go..........

• TheAceFactor
    2,147 Posts
    Tue, Jun 22 2010 4:23 PM

He priced the full set Jim...3,715 Cr.   But the "Iron set"  alone is only 1,925. He's referring to the  " i  15 's " 

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Jun 22 2010 4:28 PM

I saw that-I was being facetious. The I15s will kill him on the meter speed alone. Going from the Burners to Master Pings will knock him out with the difference and make the faster meter easier to manage. JMO

• TheAceFactor
    2,147 Posts
    Tue, Jun 22 2010 4:30 PM

I agree. They're sweet.

• gfsullivan
    196 Posts
    Tue, Jun 22 2010 4:36 PM

my bad, thought it was irons alone.  Ill wear the dickhead hat the rest of the day.

i15s that good? I love the burners but ready for something else. Ive got the Ping 3 wood with faster meter and like it. Would be nice to have irons with same speed.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Jun 22 2010 4:45 PM

@BrotherSullivan-I didn't mean to make light of your point. I was just surprised you were thinking that way. You are so close to a great setup with what you have. The iron difference alone between what you have and those G10s will get you places you haven't been yet-like on the green in 2 @BPB5. 

You have a good driver, a great 3w and a pretty much useless HB. Trade one of those for another master wedge that goes with the G10s (like the 105 Satin) and you will be bigtime set up. The longer distance of the high irons takes care of HB situations.

Maybe renting the G10s for a day will convince you but that kinda sucks because I know you'll be happy as a clam and you would have wasted the rental fee. A word of caution-the G10 flight is different. Higher loft, more susceptible to wind, able to overcome elevations and way more accuracy. GL

• gfsullivan
    196 Posts
    Tue, Jun 22 2010 4:50 PM

excellent advice (as always), thanks.

PS: Ive been bouncin ugly shots through the left rough (on BPB #5) for a while now.  No kick-in eagles but I can get it there.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Jun 22 2010 4:54 PM

LMAO-I'd love to see the look on your face when you see the difference. I also would like to hear the WTFs during the learning curve. Beware-learn them.  ;-)

• TheAceFactor
    2,147 Posts
    Tue, Jun 22 2010 5:28 PM

YankeeJim:
    and a pretty much useless HB
    This Jim , I have to dis-agree with...ofcourse to each they're own , but I'd like for both of us to be , lets say 202 out on Andrew's # 17 in a 50-60 fescue .  You with the G-10 3 iron  and me with the master hybrid. No-offense intended here what so ever , but  you would very quickly see why it's still in my bag. Everyone has they're own taste , but mine stays ; saved my little tail too many times.

RSS