Forums

Help › Forums

equipment worth every penny

Sat, Jun 26 2010 11:14 PM (16 replies)
  • PAGES
  • GITrDONE
    701 Posts
    Mon, Jun 21 2010 6:20 PM

You got the right stuff so just learn the quirks and you'll be in the hunt in no time...

I think one poster said practice practice practice and if i'm right ,he/she was definently right...That's the key...

Even if ya don't really care for the CTTH's play 'em anyway cause Pugs Ace got me into them and it really helped my game...I say even if ya don't like 'em cause at first I thought it was a little boring and just a little stupid when I seen the leaderboard had somebody sitting on 33.3 feet at the KW not High Wiey...lol...So I quit them until I ran into Pugs's advice and danged if he wasn't right...I got  in the top ten for a brief moment....lol...

I think  I messed up by putting it in the forums that I was in the top ten and somebody ,one of those exceptional players we have here went and shot again just to bump me out...lol...So if ya do good ya might wanna keep it on the down low...lol...

I'm probably just being parinoid or something, who's there?,what was that?..It's ok though I don't think thats what it is...I'm worried it might be though...lol

• wizbang360
    411 Posts
    Mon, Jun 21 2010 9:56 PM

lmao

• SystemCrash
    209 Posts
    Mon, Jun 21 2010 11:26 PM

wizbang360:
    then  yesterday I got the new set of Irons  with spin  and in one day got real close to the top 100 in the CTTP at the hawaii course,  best before this was like 400 something,   It IS the clubs!

When you're looking at the stats at the stats at the end of a CTTH round, you'll see AVERAGE which is the average of all players. Notice that it's almost always around the 480-500 mark for that challenge. That tells a lot about what you can achieve with the basic equipment. I was able to lower it under 300 but as soon as I changed my clubs, it was under 200 and I surprised myself aceing a couple of shots.

Thought: A good craftsman always need the talent AND the tools. Always funny when I read that real masters don't really need upgraded stuff.

Rob

• thatcanadianguy
    557 Posts
    Sat, Jun 26 2010 5:46 AM

I agree with wizbang360 100%. I to bought some new clubs about a week or so ago. The first time I tried them out was  a practice round at Bethpage Black. Third hole I got my first ace. It is posted in my replays, since it was a practice round that is the only place it can go.

Yes it was the clubs. With what I had in my bag before the upgrade I could not even come close. 

I also bought a bunch of different balls to find the ones that are best suited for me. Still working on that one.

All I can say is that I moved from Amateur to Pro that same day.

Money well spent.

Thanks again WGT for giving us this great game.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Jun 26 2010 6:26 AM

VanHalenLover:
    I recently purchased the I15 iron set, and paid the extra as the distances were sigthly longer than the G10's, and the accuracy was slightly higher (with all other categories being the same.) I've never test drove either set, and went right for more bang for my buck, lol.  Did I mess up passing on the G10's?

If you were looking to cover the meter speed spread you did good. Now you have three different meter speeds to deal with.

• greatwhitedale
    305 Posts
    Sat, Jun 26 2010 8:58 PM

wgt can stick the g10 or g15's where the sun dont shine, give me back my raptures anyday, i shoot 61 regularly with them, tried some others, and not much cop, slightly off the meter and u come up 10 yards shorter than it says and wide of where ya aimed, where the advantage in that,  yes big deal i lose 5 yards or so with raptures, stiff poo, its not real golf, i can hit a 3 iron within 3 feet of the hole while yes u guys hit a club less to about the same or further, so where is the point, and who dings there meter everytime, friggen no one............thats not cheating anyway, so becauce the meter is always not smooth all the time why not stick to raptures , as u can be off slightly but dosnt affect shot so much, COMMONSENCE to me i reckon.      if u dont agree, well bad luck for u, i'll take u on with raptures and kick some A...............ss

• GITrDONE
    701 Posts
    Sat, Jun 26 2010 11:14 PM

greatwhitedale:
    give me back my raptures anyday, i shoot 61 regularly with them, tried some others,

Never fold a winning hand!

Ever!

• PAGES
RSS